Not exactly a bug: model error? Table design issue?

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
I've noticed -- almost always during multiball -- that a ball will occasionally get stopped between the bottom of the rear set of pop bumpers and the back wall of the vari-target. It's not stuck, exactly, it's just a flat spot somewhere that allows the ball to come to rest. It's easily dislodged with a nudge, but is out of reach of the table's sensors.

Sometimes this can be an advantage/cheat since it basically pulls a ball out of play safely, letting you exploit multiball shots without the hassle of multiball control. More than once, though, I have to remember this issue if the table starts hunting for a ball and hope it hasn't fallen through the bottom as some folks have reported.

Anyone else experience this? It happens with reasonable frequency for me, maybe every four or five games where I keep multiball going for a while. I think it's happening because of a weak shot to the penguin loop that somehow misses the top pops and drops to a dead stop. This seems like an area that would be angled or have a piece of rubber on the real table, if it's truly an issue.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts