Do Playstation 4 purchases get you the Vita versions?

plagiarize

Sep 7, 2013
I understand that people who already own tables for PS3/Vita will have to pay an upgrade charge to get the PS4 tables (and that this charge will be less than the cost of just buying the PS4 versions). I understand why this is, given that the PS4 versions have required extra work. What I want to know is, if I wait to buy them on PS4, do I have to buy them separately for Vita? Am I better off buying the tables on PS3/Vita NOW, and then paying the upgrade fee, or will the PS4 version include the Vita version or will a similar 'upgrade' fee be available? Not that it would really be an upgrade.

I know these aren't the official forums, but if my question is going to get answered anywhere, it's here. So please help me out guys! If I can get a firm answer on this, I can take the appropriate course of action. I only own one of the table packs for the PS3 version, because I had been buying them on 360. I didn't want to rebuy them all on PS3 since I'm getting rid of my PS3 soon. I've been holding out for a definitive version which will stay with me for years, and the PS4 version looks like the one to get, but I'm loving playing the six tables I have on Vita too.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
As a Vita owner, you get probably one of the coolest perks: remote play.

This means that you can play PS4 versions on your Vita.

Technically the answer to your question is no. But who cares? Why mess with jacked up Vita versions when you have access to the most graphically advanced version on your Vita for no extra charge.

I'm all over a Vita very soon. Gotta get one before all the OLED models are history.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm gonna take a wild guess here, and say that the Vita will be cross buy with the PS4 version as well. Why wouldn't it be? They're not upgrading the game for the Vita, so I can't imagine why it wouldn't be included. The only reason I can think of, is what Mark alluded to. PS4 games will be playable on a Vita so long as there is a WiFi connection available. Not quite the same, but man if there's WiFi available, no point in playing the Vita version!

I gotta say, Sony is really trying their best to make people part ways with their money. The PS4 / Vita connection is nice, and with the lower price point for the Vita, even more appealing. That itty bitty Vita box? Love the idea of being able to play the PS4 now wherever you feel like plugging that thing in. It's like a SlingBox for gaming. I don't like downloading games because of my slow internet connection, but that right there would get me to do nothing but. If it too is only limited by having a WiFi connection, that'd mean being able to take it with you to a friends house, or plugging it in at a hotel. Yes please!

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
As a Vita owner, you get probably one of the coolest perks: remote play.

This means that you can play PS4 versions on your Vita.

Technically the answer to your question is no. But who cares? Why mess with jacked up Vita versions when you have access to the most graphically advanced version on your Vita for no extra charge.

I'm all over a Vita very soon. Gotta get one before all the OLED models are history.

Even better, VitaTV will evidently be $99 and will give you wired gigabit PS4 remote play. And that is its own independent Vita in a tiny box as well. This is going to be a great product. PS4 in my bedroom without moving the console. Woot. With a gigabit link, lag-free remote gaming should be a definite go.

One tiny concern is they show it being used with DS3 controllers (as well as offering a bundle that includes a DS3). I'm ASSUMING we'll be able to pair DS4 controllers as well.

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Well according to Sony ALL PS4 games will be Remote Playable on the PS Vita.
This means we should be getting the best looking/playing portable version of TPA period.

Piccalilli

Oct 13, 2012
It looks lovely. Sadly, remote play is just not sufficient for my needs. My console is a family unit, so my Vita is my personal gaming system. Great for playing a few tables when starting dinner, while the rest of the family is playing something else in the living room, while waiting in the car, while on family trips, etc. It gets most of its use while the rest of the family is boggarting the PS3 or I'm in a place where wifi is not necessarily available. The PS4 is planned for the same purpose. I hope the PS4 version does well, and makes everyone happy. Hopefully they continue on Vita too and finally get everything fixed for us, since the PS4 version doesn't sound like it will work for players in my situation.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I'm gonna take a wild guess here, and say that the Vita will be cross buy with the PS4 version as well. Why wouldn't it be? They're not upgrading the game for the Vita, so I can't imagine why it wouldn't be included. The only reason I can think of, is what Mark alluded to. PS4 games will be playable on a Vita so long as there is a WiFi connection available. Not quite the same, but man if there's WiFi available, no point in playing the Vita version!

I gotta say, Sony is really trying their best to make people part ways with their money. The PS4 / Vita connection is nice, and with the lower price point for the Vita, even more appealing. That itty bitty Vita box? Love the idea of being able to play the PS4 now wherever you feel like plugging that thing in. It's like a SlingBox for gaming. I don't like downloading games because of my slow internet connection, but that right there would get me to do nothing but. If it too is only limited by having a WiFi connection, that'd mean being able to take it with you to a friends house, or plugging it in at a hotel. Yes please!

Maybe it will be cross-buy, but I wouldn't expect it.
How do you guess that would that work for people that already own the Vita version and lots of tables (like me)?

Remote play with the Vita is probably the main reason I'm even getting a PS4, but I'd prefer to stream it to the handheld Vita far more than something I have to plug in and hook up to a TV.
Strangely a lot of people seem to think only the TV version streams.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.