iOS - Bug Plunger strength inconsistent

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
This may be on other platforms as well, but I can't say for sure.

Trying to make the skill shot. Sometimes the same minimal amount of pullback on the plunger results in a full power launch. Other times, it is possible to have the expected result of not making it up the lane. My guess is that full power is much more than needed and that the range could be narrowed so that there is a more significant difference between the top and the bottom of the scale.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Tony, are you finding this a problem with all the tables, or one in particular? I can get the Ripley's skill shot about 90% of the time while playing on an iPad 2.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
@ tony: yes, I have encountered this as well, but it seems more like it's caused by *where* on the screen you start off with your thumb when plunging. (if that makes any sense...) another weird thing I've noticed is that when you plunge the ball only a little, so it doesn't actually leave the lane and then plunge again, you can actually make the ball plunge from mid-air in the plunger lane! it's like it bounces off from nowhere...

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I'm getting pretty good with the plunger on Black Hole. I like that there's a little smudge on part of the metal, so that makes it easier to line up.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I haven't had any problem with plunger strength on android, so this may be isolated to iOS devices.

Patrick McBride

Feb 20, 2012
I can't say I've had any problems with this on iOS. I also make the skill shot about 90% of the time on ToTAN... seems very consistent to me!

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
The only skill shot I can never judge (or hit) is the center hole when launching the ball in Tales of the Arabian Nights. Could be my own fault though. :)

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
Gord, I don't play a lot of RBION so I can't answer for that table, really. On ToM, the strength of the shot is not important. On BH, I don't try for a specific strength. What I am saying is that it's certainly possible that it's on all tables, but it's more obvious on ToTAN.

goforthewall, You may be right. I can see where that would be the issue and I'll try to investigate further with that in mind.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
There's definitely an issue with the Android version too. I think it's inconsistent, usually when you're trying for the middle pot. Sometimes you can be just going for the first pot, pull the plunger back a tiny amount, and the ball zips right to the third pot!

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, it definitely seems to be an issue with Tales of the Arabian Nights. I played that more the other day and it's extremely sensitive between getting the ball in the first and last pots.

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
The only other table that has a plunger shot is RBION. On TOM the shot is off the flipper. The plunger just decides what you are shooting for. You always use a full plunger at the right time.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The only other table that has a plunger shot is RBION. On TOM the shot is off the flipper. The plunger just decides what you are shooting for. You always use a full plunger at the right time.

Black Hole has the three rollover lanes to shoot for as well, so it's a good table to sharpen up your plunger skills on too.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
No problems with iphone 4 for me. I can nail it almost every time. I basically pull back all the way for the furtherst skillshot. For the middle I pull the way back and push it in until the shadowy area of the plunger goes back in and a little bit past that. For the close I just pull it back a smidge and sometimes have to replunge.

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
I find that the plunger is out to lunch on the iphone 4. I can pull the plunger out just a hair and endup with the ball being blasted into the last drop.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
I've absolutely experienced this on 360, and I think it's probably camera/physics related. I've noticed that you can get the ball launch you want when the camera is stationary, and that it's weaker when the camera is moving during the long-ish lead-in when you start a TOTAN game, it seems likely to me that this is why. I've seen things kinda like this in other games (like VF5 Final Showdown - during costume edit mode), where the physics are affected by the camera moving. Would be nice to see a fix for this.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts