New builds?

dach

May 29, 2013
Really sad how many delays , setbacks and it appears neglect have plagued the PC release on Steam

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I can't help but point out spore, delays and setbacks can still result in a less than acceptable game
Perhaps. But it's a step beyond that statement to accuse FarSight of neglecting the PC version, which at this point in the beta cycle no one has a right to claim. Are there problems? Yes. I for one have raised hell several times over that forsaken pink lighting. But the existence of problems, even severe problems, is not evidence of neglect, and it is unfair to the programmers who visit here to claim that.

It is well-known (if not universally accepted by the players) that FarSight has to produce a table pack a month to keep the doors of the studio open. Knowing this, it is not surprising that individual developers may have to be pulled off the PC beta temporarily to help with that table pack.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
I can't help but point out spore, delays and setbacks can still result in a less than acceptable game

This is different however. The GAME is done. It's just a matter of getting a PORT out in a non-explody flavor. We can look at PS3 or 360 and know EXACTLY how the game will play, look, feel, and sound already.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
and it is unfair to the programmers who visit here to claim that
btw, i'm (and not only me) guessing why FS dont have it's official forum - in present day when even every freaking streamer, game fansite our schoolboy have one.
it could be more fair when people, who bought a product can drop some comments/answers/critics/thanks about it directly to developers without been said by other fans "dont touch them!! - be thankful what they just come to us here!".

Last edited:

Ripley

Aug 28, 2013
sadly, this doesnt sound like PC version can be soon.. ehh. will wait for it - hope it will not take too much time to finish next pack

Yeah I hope the same. But after finishing this pack, they have to start finish the next pack and so on and.........:confused:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Yeah I hope the same. But after finishing this pack, they have to start finish the next pack and so on and.........:confused:

FarSight mainly pulls others from their normal duties to help out in the Alpha and early Beta stages...they don't necessarily need them for the entire month.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
btw, i'm (and not only me) guessing why FS dont have it's official forum - in present day when even every freaking streamer, game fansite our schoolboy have one.
it could be more fair when people, who bought a product can drop some comments/answers/critics/thanks about it directly to developers without been said by other fans "dont touch them!! - be thankful what they just come to us here!".
There's a difference between criticizing FarSight's product (which is generally acceptable) and accusing FarSight's programmers of neglect (which is not). I have seen their programmers twice now pull all-nighters while fixing some serious issues in the iOS version. So to claim or even hint at programmer neglect is not only false, it's insulting. Are they stretched too thin? Sure, I suspect they'd even agree with you there, even if they can't say so publicly. But they are not neglectful.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
Are they stretched too thin? Sure, I suspect they'd even agree with you there, even if they can't say so publicly.
may be than FS can try to find some way to resolve very well known old issues (i'm personally, f.e., at that moment very care about visual authenticity):
may be they need hire additional/more efficient artist/modeler, or if they dont have enough founds - start already mentioned by some users here kickstarter "for fixes", or even some PAF users can help with art fixes - there are people from art/design industry and even who have succesful exp. in pins recreation in FP/VP.

zoid

Banned
Aug 6, 2013
Why don't they just release an early access version on Steam? This game won't be a finished product before the ps4 version get released and ported on PC, anyways. It's not just about fixing bugs and glitches here and there, it's also about polishing art and visuals. It's a blatant lie to pretend it won't take a few months to complete the job. So, in the meantime, better let players enjoy it in its current state and make some money right away.

Ripley

Aug 28, 2013
Why don't they just release an early access version on Steam? This game won't be a finished product before the ps4 version get released and ported on PC, anyways. It's not just about fixing bugs and glitches here and there, it's also about polishing art and visuals. It's a blatant lie to pretend it won't take a few months to complete the job. So, in the meantime, better let players enjoy it in its current state and make some money right away.

Totally agree .

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
Delays and setbacks only mean a more polished product in the end.

+1 superballs. :)

I just have to say this. All over this sites forums are members complaining about IOS or other platforms that have bugs that are still being complained about. Now we see FarSight staff and us beta testers saying we still see stuff that needs to be fixed and dealt with, yet people are pushing and pushing and pushing for FS to release the game on Steam. FS Dev's are doing an absolutely spectacular job in crushing the issues and bugs in the PC version and I think we need to allow FS to take as much time as they see fit. If it isn't ready, then it just isn't ready.

You cannot have your cake and eat it too. Either you want a perfectly functional product or you want it now as is. I for one am glad they are taking all the extra time they feel they need. I have seen the issues being addressed first hand, and all I have to say is KUDOS to FarSight!

Patience is a virtue.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.