@FarSight...Where's Tina Fey's Lines/Voice On Medieval Madness...Using Different ROM?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
At first I thought Tina Fey's lines were in TPA's version of Medieval Madness, but after extensive play on Android, I have yet to hear any of her lines or voice for that matter. I would like to know if you're using a different ROM than the one you ripped audio from for PHOF:WC because that version had all of Tina Fey's lines. Can someone from FarSight please address this issue.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I've heard her lines. It's just weird though because I usually get the English wench, I mean princess. I also haven't gotten the Mortal Kombat dragon sequence yet. I would attribute it partially to the sounds not activating because I hit the peasant shot or something else at the same time and also the flippers. For some reason that's a much harder shot than it should be. Once they fix the size I am guessing it will improve.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I've heard her lines. It's just weird though because I usually get the English wench, I mean princess. I also haven't gotten the Mortal Kombat dragon sequence yet. I would attribute it partially to the sounds not activating because I hit the peasant shot or something else at the same time and also the flippers. For some reason that's a much harder shot than it should be. Once they fix the size I am guessing it will improve.

Exactly which lines have you heard her say because I have yet to hear any of them.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I've heard all the lines, and the MK lines too.

They only modified the curse words so that it wasn't the actual word covered by a beep but just the beep itself. This was to avoid mods to remove the censorship to be able to keep their ESRB rating.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I'll keep playing and see what happens, but when I play the PHOF version of MM I hear her voice immediately. Same goes for watching gameplay of MM on YouTube as well as playing the table in real life.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
One thing that has changed since PHOF is the tables are more random now. The way we did it in PHOF was to reset to a known state every time you play the table, so all the randomness would be the same. Most likely in that verison she was the first princesses voice played.

In Pinball Arcade we got most of the randomness working, so each time you play it'll be different.

We definatly used the audio directly from the ROM. With the exception of the curse words, those we ovewrite with the PG versions of the sound file.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
One thing that has changed since PHOF is the tables are more random now. The way we did it in PHOF was to reset to a known state every time you play the table, so all the randomness would be the same. Most likely in that verison she was the first princesses voice played.

In Pinball Arcade we got most of the randomness working, so each time you play it'll be different.

We definatly used the audio directly from the ROM. With the exception of the curse words, those we ovewrite with the PG versions of the sound file.

So if the day comes when there is a "mature version" of Pinball Arcade with a couple of the tables that would give an M rating, will we get the "dirty version" of Medieval Madness? I actually think there is more humor with the beeps ("I'm Lord Howard Hurtz, who the Bleep are you?") and some of the princess lines are so raunchy without being censored. I always love "Big Dragon...but I bet you're bigger!"

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

Thanks Mike...Like I said before, I'll keep playing and see what happens. So far I'm only hearing lines from the "wench" on all my games.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
So if the day comes when there is a "mature version" of Pinball Arcade with a couple of the tables that would give an M rating, will we get the "dirty version" of Medieval Madness? I actually think there is more humor with the beeps ("I'm Lord Howard Hurtz, who the Bleep are you?") and some of the princess lines are so raunchy without being censored. I always love "Big Dragon...but I bet you're bigger!"

Then here's a few Tina Fey outtakes for you ;)
http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2004/DanForden1.mp3

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Ok, I finally found my problem. Since I only have time to play a game or two each time I play and I force close the app when I'm done, everything is reset so I end up getting the same damsel voices instead of getting them at random. This time I played through consecutive games and finally on the fourth game, Tina Fey's voiced damsel was the first one. Now I can also confirm Tina Fey's voice-over is present.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I heard her voice a couple times too. I'm curious about voices in other games as well. I know the same stereotypical French voice is in Attack from Mars as well.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Ok, I finally found my problem. Since I only have time to play a game or two each time I play and I force close the app when I'm done, everything is reset so I end up getting the same damsel voices instead of getting them at random. This time I played through consecutive games and finally on the fourth game, Tina Fey's voiced damsel was the first one. Now I can also confirm Tina Fey's voice-over is present.

Yes, every time you quit it resets. Unfortunately it's hard to keep track of the state, it would make the save file huge after we added a lot of tables.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Yes, every time you quit it resets. Unfortunately it's hard to keep track of the state, it would make the save file huge after we added a lot of tables.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'm just happy everything is authentic and intact.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts