Found Some Tables For Sale

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Found a "Sky Jump" and "Comet" tables for sale, anyone play these before and also know how much they are worth?

1jnin7.jpg

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I've played Sky Jump, which is solid, though not particularly memorable. Assuming both machines are in good condition, with no problems, Comet goes for between $650-$750 (according to Pinside). There's no price available for the Sky Jump, though it's made by Gottlieb, from 1974, and 4500 units were produced. With most EMs that are not well-known, value is often determined more by the artwork and theme, which in this case isn't impressive, but not terrible either, so it would probably be in the mid-to-low-range of whatever unknown EM tables go for.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
I was thinking maybe $400 max for Sky Jump if it's in fully working condition... maybe a little less.

The owner of these tables died, so they go on auction in a couple of days, I will see how much they go for...

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I was thinking maybe $400 max for Sky Jump if it's in fully working condition... maybe a little less.

The owner of these tables died, so they go on auction in a couple of days, I will see how much they go for...

Auctions sometimes are great places to pick up a table but know your high end bid and stick to it. ;)

I've played Comet before. Its a decent table but not great. I like the back glass on comet. I'd love to own that table if the price was right.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Well I bought the Comet for $800, the Sky Jump went for $720....

My first real pinball machine! It needs a replacement kicker though, anyone know where to get one?

stevevt

Mar 31, 2012

My first real pinball machine! It needs a replacement kicker though, anyone know where to get one?

Congrats!

I always try pinballlife.com first. Great prices, decent shipping. Next for me would be http://bayareaamusements.com. http://marcospecialties.com is a mixed bag -- some decent prices, but expensive shipping, unless they've changed things up recently.

A big list is here:
http://pinballhelp.com/pinball-parts-suppliers/

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
Congrats! Sounds fun. Let us know how the maintenance goes. I'm curious to see how much work goes into keeping a machine in good working order.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
I got the table moved to my place.

Ordered a rubber replacement kit since the old ones where so cracked, also have to clean up the playfield. Also got some other minor thing to fix up. (print out replacement apron cards, ect.)

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012

According to Pinside, actual value is $700-750, so you didn't do bad. Whoever bought the Sky Jump got totally screwed, I think. EMs are generally not worth much, unless they're highly sought after classics, like Slick Chick and Central Park.

Last edited:
May 11, 2012
I would kinda like a basket case to restore. All my brothers (5 of them) are all auto mechanics or so inclined. I'm not. But I DO love fidelly gadgets and electronics.

Is this a case of "be careful what you wish for"?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I would kinda like a basket case to restore. All my brothers (5 of them) are all auto mechanics or so inclined. I'm not. But I DO love fidelly gadgets and electronics.

Is this a case of "be careful what you wish for"?

I see quite a few reasonably priced tables on Craigslist that need some TLC, so you should be able to find something there, if you decide to take the plunge.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
That's what I'm worried about. If I approach it as a hobby am I gonna regret it?

If you've got five brothers who are expert auto mechanics, you're in pretty good shape. Just be sure you know all about the machine you're going to buy. Always inspect it in person, if possible. If not, make sure you're buying it from someone you trust or is reputable, and they're telling you everything. Ensuring that there is a means to dispute the sale if the machine isn't in the condition they claimed it was is also a very smart thing to do.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts