Zaccaria Pinball - Shooting The Rapids (1979) Bugs & Feedback

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
Start with on last ball bonus starts adding but there is no game time bonus. If none was intended (table did not have) needs to just read 00 like hotwheels.

dagwood

Feb 2, 2013
Yes same problem here. After having a readof the Italian user manual (not my first language) I could not see anything that mentions bonus time after the 5th ball, so I'm guessing this is a scripting oversight and should be removed on the next update. Overall however this is a great table to play :)

For anyone else who can read Italian, here's a link to the original manual: http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/3606/Zaccaria_1979_Shooting_the_Rapids_Italian_Manual.pdf

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
I like this table. It has flow and is, as always, beautifully executed.

@ Zsolt: You should post more videos on YouTube to show off your work. I'll bet many fans of this game would share the videos on social media like reddit and recommend the the game to their friends. Facebook alone simply doesn't cut it.

SonicBrain

May 17, 2013
@Zsolt Totaly agreed with tripleplonq - every table should have a HD video presentation light and dark roon , one minute video would be enought for each table , 30 seconds play on light and 30 seconds play on dark .. don't think , just do it , the results come alone .... :) if IPad had an screen record I wold already upload it on YouTube !

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
I found a bug: The spinner score multiplier goes directly to x100 instead of x10 after the first completion of the drop target bank.
(in version 1.7, haven't checked 1.7.1)

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
Version 1.8: Bug: The two upper standup targets do not work. It's impossible to advance the bonus multiplier now.

Pavig

Oct 29, 2013
Version 1.8: Bug: The two upper standup targets do not work. It's impossible to advance the bonus multiplier now.
Bug reproduced, V1.8 tested on iPad 3
iPhoto.png

night

May 18, 2012
What excellent and detailed bug posts lately! This place is a goldmine for any developer. But why do I have this feeling that ASK (Zsolt) is not visiting this place anymore.. complete radio silence since.. some time now. I can't help but feel a bit pessimistic about it. Why I don't know. We'll have to wait and see of how much what is posted here will reflect the new update. If it's just another table without any bug fixes then our job is done here. We shall see..

Pavig

Oct 29, 2013
My guess is ASK are busy due to changes in the apple developer tools which came along with ios7. The entire App Store is a flutter with devs patching their applications at the moment. It can be difficult for developers to stay in touch when there are tough problems to solve in the code. (I know. I've been there myself).

It can also be disheartening when customers get impatient and doubtful over your product, so it can be a good strategy to avoid the noise until you have something to show. I am sure ASK are busy in their secret labs getting things under control and polishing for a new release. :)

The best thing we can do in these times is be encouraging, and also be precise. If we can collate solid bug reports, make sure the bugs can be reproduced (ie are real and we can show how to find them), and naybe produce a master list, it will be helpful. (Often several bugs relate to a single code change — the multiple stationary target bugs in 1.8 could well be such an issue. If a pattern emerges ASK may sweep a whole group of bugson different tables away with one tweak.)

It's best to not lose heart. We are invested now already. I liked Zac so much I went gold on both standard and pro, which basically means I paid twice, but it was worth it to support development. :) give them time and they'll come through. They've been making tables for a long time, but this Zac project is a whole new level in terms of ambition and the quality they are striving for. :)

inspector42

May 27, 2012
I found a bug: The spinner score multiplier goes directly to x100 instead of x10 after the first completion of the drop target bank.
(in version 1.7, haven't checked 1.7.1)

This bug is still around.

The drop target one seems to have been fixed.

Also, on camera view 2, there is some graphical... static around the ball near the flippers. You can see this if you cradle it on the right. Doesn't seem to be present on other tables or in other views.

Also, is there any special stupider than the orange special on this table? 3,000 and advance bonus. Pshaw.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
To Zsolt theres something really wrong with the spinners, for instance on this table on a certain moment the spinner hangs in the position as seen on the picture and doesnt function anymore.

The strange thing is that its position is not being reset when starting a new game so its remains out of order.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
To Zsolt, can you please tune the slingshots ( also the middle one on the right side ) abit down, cause when the ball hits them with considerable speed it gets banged around with tomuch force by them.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
To Zsolt, can you please tune the slingshots ( also the middle one on the right side ) abit down, cause when the ball hits them with considerable speed it gets banged around with tomuch force by them.
Spinner issue will be fixed by the next update.
The forces of slingshot of bumper have been fine tuned on all tables.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
..., is there any special stupider than the orange special on this table? 3,000 and advance bonus. Pshaw.
The question is if this is correct. As I understand the playfield instructions you should get 3000 points always for the central top rollover(kinda skill shot). Yet i get only 200. That's less than the other lanes which score 500.

The outlane Specials award 30000. Values depend on operator settings, I think. As is you will have to focus on the outlanes for high scores.

Last edited:

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I like this table. It has flow and is, as always, beautifully executed.

@ Zsolt: You should post more videos on YouTube to show off your work. I'll bet many fans of this game would share the videos on social media like reddit and recommend the the game to their friends. Facebook alone simply doesn't cut it.

+1

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
@Zsolt Totaly agreed with tripleplonq - every table should have a HD video presentation light and dark roon , one minute video would be enought for each table , 30 seconds play on light and 30 seconds play on dark .. don't think , just do it , the results come alone .... :) if IPad had an screen record I wold already upload it on YouTube !

There is no think, only DO!!

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Zsolt-has the clown bug been addressed on the Clown table? I know it's been reported multiple times but as of the last update it's still active. Btw....love the most recent update and Spooky table. Keep up the GREAT work!!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts