Beta Vs 0.016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I posted up a new build. It has an important major change. The graphics settings are now done through a configuration app outside of Pinball Arcade. When you get the latest build, select "Launch Configuration Utility" when you hit play to set your resolution, otherwise it'll start in the default 640x480.

Version 0.016
- Resolution and other video settings now set using separate app.
- Fixed black flash between table selections
- Forced 60fps in main menu.
- FarSight Login is saved so you don't need to log in each time you launch

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Thank you!

By the way, using 1680x1050 incorrectly places the icons and makes the text look smaller.

Taxi's Meter and HUD on the backbox are still half sized.

Last edited:

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
I posted up a new build. It has an important major change. The graphics settings are now done through a configuration app outside of Pinball Arcade. When you get the latest build, select "Launch Configuration Utility" when you hit play to set your resolution, otherwise it'll start in the default 640x480.

Version 0.016
- Fixed black flash between table selections
- Forced 60fps in main menu.
- FarSight Login is saved so you don't need to log in each time you launch

These all work exactly as advertized, Mike.

Timelord ...

LeRoy3rd

May 18, 2013
Hmmm, for some reason with this build I'm getting crazy flipper lag with my controller (logitech f310), but no lag with keyboard. Anyone else having similar issues?

-LeRoy3rd

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Hmmm, for some reason with this build I'm getting crazy flipper lag with my controller (logitech f310), but no lag with keyboard. Anyone else having similar issues?

-LeRoy3rd

Bug report template
You must be able to reproduce a bug more than once before reporting.
And make sure to reproduce it yourself more than 10 times to accurately calculate the frequency.

Title Bug: Begin the title with one of the following: Crash, Art, Display, Performance, Physics, or General. Then state where the bug occurs, followed by a brief description. Ex: “General – Scared Stiff: Ball goes through Crate at high velocity”
OS Version: Windows 7
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GT 555m
Ram: 8GB
Version #(Bottom right of game screen):
Display Mode: “Windowed/Full Screen”
Display Resolution: “640x480, 800x600, 1024x768”

Frequency of Occurrence: “60% of the time” , “Every ball that enters the crate”

Expected Result: “During 'Crate Multiball' ball enters the crate and is launched back into play from the right”
Actual Result:”Entering the crate at maximum velocity causes the ball to fly through the crate into the deadheads”

Comment: Please be descriptive. Explain the steps taken to produce the bug and explain exactly what happened as a result.

In cases where it crashes before the main menu:
Contents of Log.txt, and possibly the contents of MemLog.txt (only if we request it)
Both of those files will be in the Pinball Arcade installation folder within steam.

\SteamApps\common\PinballArcade Under the steam installation

For most people that is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\PinballArcade

The info in the included template helps Farsight track down and fix problems Leroy, not trying to be a nit picker here.

For what it's worth I'm not having any problems with input on my interface controller, but it is a keyboard interface type (Hanaho Hotrod), not joystick type interface like the Logitec.

Timelord ...

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
On the separate video app, is it possible to add verbiage below the "Post Processing:" drop down explaining what is is and whether someone should turn it on or off? thanks

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Thanks, Mike.

I was hoping that the new configuration app would solve the artwork scaling issue, reported here. I'm not seeing any improvement yet though.

Are you aware of what's causing the problem?

PinBalt

Apr 8, 2012
I download the latest version but it never gave me the option to launch the config app when I selected Play ... It just launched in 640x480 mode. See my bug post.

PinBalt

Apr 8, 2012
Just resolved it. I launched the game through shortcut and not within STEAM.

Sorry for that.

PinBALT

Pinandy

Aug 30, 2012
When i try to login, the login name field always showing the letter q (instead of @) when i press ALT GR + q
I have tried it with 2 different keyboards. Always the same.
Is there some special thing i have to do???

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
one thing TPA do well for sure is bringing that feel of nostalgia - last game on my memory which used this (undoubtedly convenient) way to change ingame resolution was Age of Wonders 2 in 2002....

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
one thing TPA do well for sure is bringing that feel of nostalgia - last game on my memory which used this (undoubtedly convenient) way to change ingame resolution was Age of Wonders 2 in 2002....
Final Fantasy XIV (released 3 weeks ago) does this as well, although after initial setup you can change it in-game, too.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
Final Fantasy XIV (released 3 weeks ago) does this as well, although after initial setup you can change it in-game, too.

if i remember correctly: it is same game that was closed for remaking soon after it's first release few years ago?

Last edited:

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Mike, any chance of more graphic options in the configuration app, like AA and AF settings in the future?

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
and btw Mike - is it possible to see here some guys from art team? because there are much more "questions" to them about poor modeled and textured tables.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012

Not sure what you've been playing really but probably about half of the games I've bought in recent years, and many of them AAA titles, have some sort of graphics setup utility outside the game. Most of them do also allow you to change settings ingame.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
Not sure what you've been playing really but probably about half of the games I've bought in recent years, and many of them AAA titles, have some sort of graphics setup utility outside the game. Most of them do also allow you to change settings ingame.

if you have some extra app to change some ingame settings while you still can do this ingame, then no problems.
but as i already said: currently much more important thing, than any settings and little bugs in menu, is art/model fixes to the tables. situation on this side of recreation process is terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts