Gta v

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Grand Theft Auto 5

Anyone else getting this? I like the open world, mission based, single player game play of the previous versions back through Vice City. I'm hoping that in V its not required to go on so many "outings" with your friends like in IV. It got tedious having to go bowling with Roman or drinking with Packie every time they called just to keep them happy and helping you in game. The game play videos they've been releasing are quite striking. But I haven't been reading too much about the game play because I don't want to spoil things.

Last edited:

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Yup. Really forward to just roaming around.

In 4 I always agree to hang out with the friends then called them right back to cancel. You still get hang out points without bothering.

Krooze L-Roy

Aug 30, 2013
Games like Crackdown and Just Cause 2 have spoiled me on the GTA series. After experiencing the freedom and mobility those games offer, GTA feels stifling in it's (relative) realism.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
From what ive seen in the streaming videos of those who are already playing the game, it looks amazing. Tuesday couldnt come fast enough... This week has been so slow... only 2 more days of waiting...

This game will consume my life for months...

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I've been madly playing other games to finish them before GTA 5 comes out. I preordered it from Amazon.ca and selected free shipping, so I'll likely get it the Monday after release. Oh well.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I think I'm going to work from home on Tuesday so I'll be there when the package from Amazon gets there. Hopefully I'll get to play during lunch.

My wife is a nurse and she works nights at a hospital. The first few weekends I'll probably play on Friday nights until she gets home from work Saturday morning!

I have Prime so I get free shipping and release day delivery!

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Sounds like we need a Pinball Arcade night after this thing launches online mode. Looks like we have 4 PS3 users here so far.
I can take my pinball frustrations out on everyone with better scores than me.

What you been rushing through Gord?
Really hope you didn't rush anything too good...

N

netizen

I saw this pic going around as a teaser to prepare people for when GTA V is released

gtv.jpg

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I've been up since 4am cause I was too excited, so I came in early to get stuff done. Had GameStop opened at 5am I would have just stayed home =)

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Ah, good old GTA...I never owned any of them myself, but I have fond memories of playing one of them (whichever one was around in 2002) at the fraternity house. Life was a lot simpler back then. :D

I've been up since 4am cause I was too excited, so I came in early to get stuff done. Had GameStop opened at 5am I would have just stayed home =)
I guess I can't really say anything...I've been shamefully neglecting the upkeep of the master issues lists ever since Final Fantasy XIV relaunched. (Note to self: Must do something about that soon.) But don't forget about TPA now that we're so close to the finish line!

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Ah, good old GTA...I never owned any of them myself, but I have fond memories of playing one of them (whichever one was around in 2002) at the fraternity house. Life was a lot simpler back then. :D

I guess I can't really say anything...I've been shamefully neglecting the upkeep of the master issues lists ever since Final Fantasy XIV relaunched. (Note to self: Must do something about that soon.) But don't forget about TPA now that we're so close to the finish line!

No need to worry, I can't neglect my job.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
my friend had his copy reserved at Best Buy they had a midnight release, he's still playing 10 hours later. Hurry and start a new PS3 tournament! SLIM PICKINS :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.