Jun 25, 2012
OS Version: Windows 7
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560Ti
Ram: 9GB
Version #(Bottom right of game screen): 0.016
Display Mode: Full screen
Display Resolution: 1920x1080

Frequency of Occurrence: 100%

Expected Result: When the ball moves slowly past certain feature areas, it should roll like it rolls everywhere else.

Actual Result: When the ball moves slowly past certain feature areas, it moves in an unnatural-looking jump for a few pixels.

Comment:
I have experienced this on:
  • A soft plunge on Centaur that JUST makes it into the magnet lane at top right.
  • Centaur death saves that come back through the inlane gates.
  • A soft shot through the gate that leads to the catapult in Medieval Madness

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
Some of this is typical of TPA: balls are "pulled" through gates so they don't get stuck in the middle -- like those in the Centaur inlane gates. I don't think there's a gate in MM near the catapult launcher, though I've seen the same behavior -- a slow-traveling ball will suddenly be eased into the launcher. Not that I'm complaining :) but it's odd physics.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
This can happen on pretty much any table with gated plunger lanes where they don't want it to get stuck. Black Hole is the most common. I'm almost certain it's on purpose and doesn't actually affect gameplay because of the positions it happens in.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Some of this is typical of TPA: balls are "pulled" through gates so they don't get stuck in the middle -- like those in the Centaur inlane gates. I don't think there's a gate in MM near the catapult launcher, though I've seen the same behavior -- a slow-traveling ball will suddenly be eased into the launcher. Not that I'm complaining :) but it's odd physics.

Afaik there is a gate in the entry to the catapult which explains the behavior. I've noticed this as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.