The long this game takes to get a release..the more people are waiting for XMas sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovatsh

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
*longer

People know the Christmas Sale on Steam is in December.

It's already late September and people are already frustrated by waiting this long. I'm sure they don't mind 50% table packs and waiting another month or two.

Last edited:

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
i cant take your point: do you suggest release unfinished version?
the word already said: PC version release after 18th pack, so not early than end of september
there are other games on steam to be played: for example i'm playing now FX, MK, KOF13 and "try to beat your money for Arma 3 preorder back from steam support".

Last edited:

Kovatsh

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
i cant take your point: do you suggest release unfinished version?
the word already said: PC version release after 18th pack, so not early than end of september
there are other games on steam to be played: for example i'm playing now FX, MK, KOF13 and "try to beat your money for Arma 3 preorder back from steam support".

Yes that's what I suggest, they have early access for a bunch of greenlight games.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
btw i'm not wait for Xmas sale - i just spend money for FX sale started today )))

Kovatsh

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

I just purchased the the classic pack. I couldn't bother with paying full price for some of those rough early tables. V12..*shudders*

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

I just purchased the the classic pack. I couldn't bother with paying full price for some of those rough early tables. V12..*shudders*

little offtopic: V12 is very good table - i was recently 4th on it (now 5th or 6th). all this tables are great in some way it simply take some time to get into them.

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
I love Steam sales myself, but Farsight doesn't have to participate in the Christmas sale there if they don't want to, just sayin'. Most new releases don't go on sale in that situation.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
yes it is exactly as it works in most cases, i can remember only one exception - MK on summer 30% sale started sortly after it appeared on steam.

zoid

Banned
Aug 6, 2013
I cannot wait to play on next star wars fx2 tables, in portrait mode with polished visuals! At least I won't have to wait until 2017.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
The people who are eagerly waiting the retail release on steam are NOT going to go 'Well, the Christmas sale is in two and a half months, so I'll just wait that much longer'.

Any delay will only LIMIT the game's pricing during such a sale, as newer games don't get as much of a discount.

That said, I do wish Farsight would give more information on the release. It was 'A couple of weeks' three weeks ago afterall.

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
I'm gonna assume it's hitting Steam by the time pack 18 hits iOS/Android, so it might end up coming out next Friday. Hopefully.

Kovatsh

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
Pinball FX2 came out Mid May and by early July for the Summer Sale they were all 50% off.

That's only a month and a half. 50% off is plenty.

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
There are plenty of games that don't go on sale at all, either, it's up to the publisher's discretion. And being on sale isn't exactly a bad thing, either. Many report better sales since they are selling more units to compensate and often do better in the long run.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Hell, there will probably be a sale to let us TPA players buy the season passes cheap for the new platform - just for the first couple of weeks or so, then they'll be pushed back to their regular price.

After all, I think you'll scare away a lot of people when they see the DLC price list.

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
Hell, there will probably be a sale to let us TPA players buy the season passes cheap for the new platform - just for the first couple of weeks or so, then they'll be pushed back to their regular price.

After all, I think you'll scare away a lot of people when they see the DLC price list.

I think this might be the case. Regardless, i'll be buying the second season pack (might wait a bit on the first season since all those tables are on my Android) when this comes to Steam.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Have patience, it will definitely worth the wait !

:cool:LOL...

It will come when it is ready, and not a second sooner...

Each release of the beta gets better and it's down to art issues, so it's getting close.

I'm on the permanent beta test list so I have all the tables already, but I'll buy both seasons when it come out anyway. TPA is so much cheaper than pinball IRL it's not funny. It is a great value when you consider the cost of playing IRL.

I also have all of the tables purchased on Android, my wife uses that when she's away from home.

Timelord ...

tizerist

Apr 17, 2013
I also have all of the tables purchased on Android
Timelord ...
Me too. Can I ask, when you have the device turned portait-wise, do you sometimes exit the TPA by mistake when using the left flipper, cause the app tabs are bottom-left, and my finger touches them by mistake. Do you know what I mean lol.
I need PC version, where this won't happen. Good work devs, we're all behind you. :)

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
My tablet has an Android bar locking feature so i don't encounter that problem, but if I forget to lock the android bar that happens. I always play in portrait orientation as it makes the table less compressed looking.

Timelord ...

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
The people who are eagerly waiting the retail release on steam are NOT going to go 'Well, the Christmas sale is in two and a half months, so I'll just wait that much longer'.

Any delay will only LIMIT the game's pricing during such a sale, as newer games don't get as much of a discount.

That said, I do wish Farsight would give more information on the release. It was 'A couple of weeks' three weeks ago afterall.

I might buy a table or two to start and then wait for a sale to get the rest. If a PC version with portrait mode came out already, I would have immediately paid full price for every single table.

Kovatsh

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
They deleted the thread in the Steam discussion asking when it is coming out.

Sad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts