General | Main Menu Text is Too Big

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Version: 0.016
Display mode: Fullscreen
Resolution: 1920x1080

Comments: Main Menu text is too big. The top and bottom lines overlap on the Season buttons, and the text runs off the edges on the Leaderboards button:

Untitled_1.png

Last edited:

CmputrBlu

Jun 30, 2012
I'm at 1920x1200 and yeah they're that big. I can see how this might be good if you're playing on a large screen from your couch; but doesn't have to be this clunky looking when you're a foot or so from your screen.

Also, it needs to be more obvious which of the two lower options are being selected. I know they added a glow around the main buttons when you select one in the newest beta; but "exit game" and "Login" buttons still need work.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
To be honest, I think the whole interface needs work. It's not at all professional.

On the suject of the main menu, I'm finding that I'm experiencing a lot of dead navigation clicks now, with a wired controller. It's taking perhaps two or three presses of the d-pad to move selection. Only started happening in the last couple of builds.

Roo

Jul 5, 2013
To be honest, I think the whole interface needs work. It's not at all professional.

I'm not sure that's fair. I think they are trying to maintain a common feel (and reuse assets) across the various versions of the game. Obviously this UI is based heavily on the mobile one, with additional control options for keyboard and controller built in. You can argue that it'd be nice to have a more typically PC-centric design, but I'm guessing it's a lot more work to build and maintain a completely separate UI for each version. Also, nowadays you have to keep in mind Steam's Big Picture mode and the fact that many people will be playing from their couch and so you probably do want larger fonts/buttons (as long as they fit properly, obviously - not trying to discount the OP's issue as I see that too).

On the suject of the main menu, I'm finding that I'm experiencing a lot of dead navigation clicks now, with a wired controller. It's taking perhaps two or three presses of the d-pad to move selection. Only started happening in the last couple of builds.

I've been experiencing this since the beginning and have seen others report it also. It's like it ignores 50-70% of the button presses on that screen (keyboard, too).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.