Beta 0.017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Beta 0.017 is up.

Version 0.017
- Fixed issue with save file not working on some users machines (corrupted path/filename).
- Added in Haunted House and Teed Off
- Configuration Utility auto launch if settings don't exist or need changing
- Added MSAA to Configuration
- MSAA working with HDR
- 12x and 16x MSAA don't seem to work (at least not on a GTX 660). DirectX returns that they aren't valid. I may remove those options later.
- If you chose MSAA option that isn't supported on your GPU, it'll choose the next lowest valid one.

Twoflower

Aug 13, 2013
Launching it led to a crash. Here's the report.
http://pastebin.com/mc9nDyPG

When I clicked "quit" on the error box it did launch the game, although in fullscreen with the wrong settings. Had to terminate the process. Launched the config, set that up, now it's working.

Launching games prompts me to play a trial or buy them, although Buy just launches them (probably for testing purposes). "Buy" and "Cancel" text are overlapping on season two tables.

Twoflower

Aug 13, 2013
Ah, so they're all in time trial mode (even if you click "buy").

Clicking Buy after the popup window puts "Resuming game in 3... 2... 1" in the background, but nothing happens.

It's understandable, the backend for buying the tables needs to be in place before this can do anything.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Launching it led to a crash. Here's the report.
http://pastebin.com/mc9nDyPG

When I clicked "quit" on the error box it did launch the game, although in fullscreen with the wrong settings. Had to terminate the process. Launched the config, set that up, now it's working.

Launching games prompts me to play a trial or buy them, although Buy just launches them (probably for testing purposes). "Buy" and "Cancel" text are overlapping on season two tables.

Right click Pinball Arcade in the Steam Client and choose Launch Configuration Utility, that'll fix your first issue.

Not sure why tables are showing as needing to be purchased.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Ah, so they're all in time trial mode (even if you click "buy").

Clicking Buy after the popup window puts "Resuming game in 3... 2... 1" in the background, but nothing happens.

It's understandable, the backend for buying the tables needs to be in place before this can do anything.

I think I know what the issues is. Version 0.018 will be up in the next 15-20 mins I hope.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Mike, could you speed the ROM up so that the animation ends just as the display changes on Tee'd Off? It doesn't feel like the game I used to play 9 years ago.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Mike, could you speed the ROM up so that the animation ends just as the display changes on Tee'd Off? It doesn't feel like the game I used to play 9 years ago.

I'll look into it. I'll probalby have to talk to Steve Ellenoff about it.

I put up 0.018 and a new thread for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts