Zaccaria Pinball Master Edition?

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Jeez,how many pinball apps are they going to put out? Someone had better have a decent explanation,because all it seems to me is a rehash of the last Zacc app,of which that season is still ongoing.

Last edited:

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
Just came across that this afternoon myself but I assumed it was some older version of what I already have. You mean to say this is a new release?

gsxrboy

Feb 21, 2012
Appears to have more included tables in the basic price, (which is currently discounted for this new release).. then plus all the subscription add ons (including a much cheaper gold membership current price)

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
Appears to have more included tables in the basic price, (which is currently discounted for this new release).. then plus all the subscription add ons (including a much cheaper gold membership current price)

In-app purchase prices are the same in both apps. Gold membership is $17.99 now.

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
Perhaps a way to attract more buyers? Zaccaria should be promoted more, better. Youtubes, and an own website (no no FB). Exposure.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Perhaps a way to attract more buyers? Zaccaria should be promoted more, better. Youtubes, and an own website (no no FB). Exposure.

I agree,but only to a point. If you want exposure,try and become app of the week. Or promote your game through web ads. Give interviews to websites that are into pinball.

What shouldn't be done is what A.S.K. has just did. And that is push out another pinball app that has tables that they are pushing on a previous app. Or two or three of them.

I'm sorry - but IMO - & I'd like to think that some other people would feel the same way...that releasing multiple paid apps that do or have the same items or games in it is just another way to get an unsuspecting consumer to buy something that they already own. Having multiple apps like this - only serves to confuse people. They are going to want to know what is going on...kind of like exactly what this thread is all about.

The majority of apps available usually come in two flavors:

A free version,usually with ads or some kind of limit/restriction of said app,and a paid one,which usually is add free or functions as the developer truly intends. TPA is a perfect example of this. I don't care how great an app or game is - usually you get a "platinum/ultimate game of the year" version of a game about a year after it comes out. Not after just a couple of months. And most certainly not while you are supposedly making items/add-ons for a previous app that you are still promoting. At least in my case,all it has done is pissed me off - and I'm not spending any more money on the Zaccaria games unless someone can give me a good explanation as to why I should.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
If you look at the total number of Zac players in gamecenter it doesn't take long to realize that not many people have purchased this app. This along with TPA are my two favorites. I totally agree that more people need to know about this app and give it a shot. But creating a basically duplicate version with just different pricing just leads to unnecessary confusion.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012

They should do more on their website and YouTube. Maybe try to get themselves booked as a guest on many of the Pinball podcasts out there. I think they should also do more on Facebook. I know many hate Facebook, but Facebook and even Twitter can be valuable resources if done properly and consistently. I used to hit the Ask Facebook page everyday when this app first came out. But information, pics, and vid posts slowed to the point that I just stopped going there. I haven't checked it in over a month now.

night

May 18, 2012
Yes, agree.
We don't know who is behind ASK Homework, perhaps just two brothers working day and night on these games, who knows?! I say this because promoting is an art on itself and needs a lot of time and dedication. A good product does not sell itself. Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot comes to mind, great game but few users so far. I hate to see this happen to good things, but if people don't know it's out there.. I don't mind having payed the €30, now with the discounts. I am more worried that I wonder how they can keep up making all these tables each month with little sales. I hope the best for ASK, let them go out there, show who they are, their studio, how these tables are made, the stuff they are working on. Spread the word!

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
Have to admit I've wondered myself just how the business model can work for this given the tiny number of people in the GC leader boards. Even TPA doesn't seem to have very high sales numbers but they at least have the console versions and so forth...

I don't see how releasing another version of the same thing is going to help though unless they think we're all going to double dip without thinking...

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
Yeah, what you all said. Seems to me as if Zaccaria may be going the way of the Art of Pinball / Age of Pinballs / Age of Pinballs Pro collections, and I don't see how dividing your customer base can increase sales. Personally, when I find multiple apps in the App Store that look nearly identical except for pricing, I hesitate to buy any of them for fear that I'm not going to buy "the right one."

I bought the Zaccaria Gold package for ~$30 shortly after it came out and have no problem with them selling it for far less than that now, as long as they keep their promise of doing 27 tables, but I too fear that this may not pan out when looking at the scarcity of GC players.

Hey, Zsolt - take a gander at some of the marketing suggestions above and promote Zaccaria Pinball - the Original Version! Everybody here wants you to succeed, and (at least) several of us are worried that your current track isn't the way there.

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
As far as I can tell the 17.99 gold package is just part of a limited time sale

But I agree they are doing some awful marketing, I finally jumped and went gold during the sale last night. And then shortly after saw the Masters edition and felt buyers remorse. At least until I checked and realized they weren't any different. If they treat their app like a cheap cash in, with dozens of spinoffs it will never feel special like TPA does

Last edited:

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Yeah, what you all said. Seems to me as if Zaccaria may be going the way of the Art of Pinball / Age of Pinballs / Age of Pinballs Pro collections, and I don't see how dividing your customer base can increase sales. Personally, when I find multiple apps in the App Store that look nearly identical except for pricing, I hesitate to buy any of them for fear that I'm not going to buy "the right one."

+1

So many versions of the same thing creates confusion. A long time ago I wanted to purchase one of their Art of/Age of apps but it was confusing and I didn't have the motivation to research which one was the one to get so I got nothing instead. I prefer it simple: free and paid.

night

May 18, 2012
So if I don't own zaccaria pinball yet should I get this master edition?

If you choose the version we have, can you buy the Goldpack for the same discount price? Then I would stick to that 'original' version. Don't know why, confused as well.

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
If the pricing inside Zaccaria ME is the same as the pricing inside "original" Zaccaria, then the original is the one to buy as it'll save you two bucks off the top.

If it's likely that you'll be buying Bronze, Silver, or Gold packages, then the original Zaccaria still saves you $2.

Um, I can't think of a reason to buy ME. Kind of like when Microsoft did it. ;^)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.