Zen Pinball2

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
I prefer TPA over the Zen tables, but for play on my TV with the Kid Zen seems less twitchy (plus less input lag perhaps?). Unfortunately the core tables of either package don't seem very appealing to me.

Does the fact Zen 2 merges Zen 1 and the Marvel Pinball tables mean you can buy DLC like Sorcerers Lair, Epic Quest and "Vengeance and Virtue" without getting the core Zen 1 and Marvel Pinball packs? Because frankly I'm only interested in the DLC for the 2.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
On the Playstation blog they announced that ZP2 is currently in the approval process for US and EU. Should be coming soon.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
On the Playstation blog they announced that ZP2 is currently in the approval process for US and EU. Should be coming soon.

Yea, I got that, and read the FAQ. Fairly certain you can buy the Addons seperate after it's released as well. A

Are there any of the core Zen1 (Shaman,El Dorada, v12, Tesla) or core Marvel (Spiderman, Wolverine, Blade, Iron Man) worth getting prior. Was thinking of trying one or the other over the weekend (would've preferred to just play the Sorc Lair, Epic Quest, Cap America, or Xmen table, but that aint happening before Zen2 it seems.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Yea, I got that, and read the FAQ. Fairly certain you can buy the Addons seperate after it's released as well. A

Are there any of the core Zen1 (Shaman,El Dorada, v12, Tesla) or core Marvel (Spiderman, Wolverine, Blade, Iron Man) worth getting prior. Was thinking of trying one or the other over the weekend (would've preferred to just play the Sorc Lair, Epic Quest, Cap America, or Xmen table, but that aint happening before Zen2 it seems.

Personally I didn't really care for the core tables of Zen pinball. I got it because of Marvel Pinball and I didn't try the demos thinking they would be on par with Marvel. Tesla may be the only one that was the better of the 4 from zen. For marvel I prefer Iron Man over the other tables in the Marvel pack mostly because of it's requirement of accurate shots. I think Zen pinball and Marvel are packs so you really can't buy each table separately. That may have changed with ZP2 I'm not sure.

Both Sorcerer's Lair and Epic Quest are really good tables. Too bad there aren't demos for it for those that want to try them that don't have either Zen Pinball or Marvel. I bought those mostly because of word of mouth. After downloading Zen pinball I was hesitant to get any other tables aside from Marvel. I purchased Epic Quest and was instantly addicted. Bought Sorcerer's Lair, then MARS and wasn't disappointed. Earth Defense, Excalibur, and Paranormal were interesting but the Physics felt off. Perhaps ZP2's 'better physics' might change my perception of those tables.

There are demos of Zen pinball and marvel pinball so you can try them out if you want.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
I played the demoes, which is why Im not too interested in the core tables. But Id have to get them if I do want one of the addons. Might stick to the ipad where sorcerers lair us free, and epic quest is 0,79 cts.

Any thoughts on wolverine, cap america, thor and excalibur (all availale on ios as single dl's)

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
I think it's a matter of personal preference. Captain America and Thor are in my top 5 list along with Epic Quest.

Captain America is a much simpler table IMO. Not many missions but some require pretty accurate shots. I think it's the Theme that really got me hooked. The table looks nice and love the artwork.

Thor. Is easy one of the best table I've played. The missions are varied some are challenging. The table layout is cool with the right side representing Ymir and the frost Giants while the left side has the Fire aspect of the lore. Achieving extra balls require a pretty accurate shot to a specific target and that creates a random event. I like the design and the artwork. That was something that drew me to table and I don't even know the whole story about the Thor Universe.

Wolverine- I think this table is very popular because it's easy to understand, plays fast, and scores just climb up if you understand the table rules etc. Not my particular favorite because you can rack up combos left and right with ease It just felt boring but again personal preference. Epic Quest has very simplistic rules but it's still fun because you don't know what kind of items you will get from loot.

Excalibur- Love the theme and the table layout is interesting. IMO The Physics keeps me from enjoying this table. But that might change when ZP2 comes out.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I think Zen 2 will have the original tables available but has it's own core tables.
Of those i really like 2 and could live without the other 2.

I LOVE the Marvel tables. Wolverine is my favorite, Spiderman second. The other two are tied for 3rd. Definitely worth the purchase. Though if you are the type who needs everything to be like another product you might like (such as TPA) i would just skip them, as you will end up hating one of the games. If you can handle that they are both entirely different products and feel nothing like one another then there is no reason you shouldn't have both.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Oh I know these are very different types of games in the same "genre".

I play all sorts of games, most I play to relax and have fun. Id like Zen to play with my 6 yr old (who is also into pinball since we played PHOF) as it's a bit more laid back (as itss not designed to eat quarters).

But I always have 1 hardcore game I want to "master" (in the past these were games like Guitar Hero, SC2, Dark Souls and DOTA2) and TPA is that game at the moment, probably soon combined with Diablo 3 :). I can't play TPA casually....I need to lock myself out, with a headset, focussing on that ball like a Monk. My daughter wants to play pinball badly with me, but TPA is not the right game for that for me :)

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
You never know, she could get good pretty quickly. I set mine up in 2player config so that me and my daughter can play.

Theater of Magic was the first real pin she ever played so having at home is like a dream to her, even if my turns take long, she doesn't seem to mind.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts