Major problems with Android update

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
FarSight Studios just posted this to their Facebook page:

There is a known issue with the Android update. It could potentially wipe out some users' save file; deleting goals and local high scores. Note this will not effect purchases or leaderboards. We will address this so that future updates don't wipe your save data. We apologize for the inconvenience.

It may be a good idea to skip this update, if you haven't already installed it.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
I'm just gonna repost my facebook comment here, so we have it in the right place:

after the newest android update: the game now starts with a wiped save file (goals, local scores, first bootup splash screen "our mission") EVERY single time I start it! the only way it keeps any of the data is if I don't shut down the game, but instead go into "suspended" mode (?) via the phone's back button from the main menu of PA. any time I wipe tasks or ram via the phone's task manager or close PA via task manager, PA will bootup like it's the very first time...

also, there's now a weird bug that will only let me cycle through the tables via the left arrow. the right arrow will repeat the currently selected table infinitely...

N

Nik Barbour

I'm just gonna repost my facebook comment here, so we have it in the right place:

after the newest android update: the game now starts with a wiped save file (goals, local scores, first bootup splash screen "our mission") EVERY single time I start it! the only way it keeps any of the data is if I don't shut down the game, but instead go into "suspended" mode (?) via the phone's back button from the main menu of PA. any time I wipe tasks or ram via the phone's task manager or close PA via task manager, PA will bootup like it's the very first time...

also, there's now a weird bug that will only let me cycle through the tables via the left arrow. the right arrow will repeat the currently selected table infinitely...

I had that left arrow cycle only bug in v1.0.1, I don't think thats a new one, however it only did occasionally and not every time!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
For some reason I don't mind having to complete all the goals again and take over the local high scores. This may be more of a problem down the road when we have more tables though.

N

Nik Barbour

All is good! V1. 0.3 seems to have fixed the deleting data issue.
Not completely sure, but I think its fixed my move to sd card issue too.
I Uninstalled v1. 0.2 prior to installing the last update that must have done it.
My app management says the 139mb is now on my sd, but i've done a search with root explorer and no result. Anyone know the mnt/sdcard default file location for the android app?

Members online

Members online