Funhouse preview uploaded by Farsight.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
If you want to appreciate the rereleases some more, go play POHF :)

e: that link doesn't go to any Funhouse or pinball related video.

e2: ah here it is

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
It seems to be missing details, the playfield borders should be blue, not black, and the game room background is less detailed than the current one is.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Yes, the pinball cabinet should be blue, but everything else looks great. Looking forward to this one as well.

FarSight, can you please move the DMD/HUD (on all tables that have them) a little more to the upper left hand corner of the screen to keep them from overlapping the playfield.

One last thing FarSight, how is it that you have the flashers and neon lights on Cirqus Voltaire reflect off surrounding objects, yet the red, white and blue flashers on Funhouse reflect off absolutely nothing. I would like to see you have some consistency on how the flashers reflect off surrounding objects in all your tables (current and future). All flashers should reflect light off surrounding objects to some degree no matter which table it is. I know it's extra work for you guys, but if you want to create the ultimate pinball experience, this needs to be done on all tables.

I appreciate all your hard work and I look forward to seeing The Pinball Arcade evolve into the definitive pinball experience.

Last edited:

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
It seems to be missing details, the playfield borders should be blue, not black, and the game room background is less detailed than the current one is.

The game room background is the same one from the other tables, might just be a video compression issue.

Yes, the pinball cabinet should be blue, but everything else looks great. Looking forward to this one as well.

FarSight, can you please move the DMD/HUD (on all tables that have them) a little more to the upper left hand corner of the screen to keep them from overlapping the playfield.

One last thing FarSight, how is it that you have the flashers and neon lights on Cirqus Voltaire reflect off surrounding objects, yet the red, white and blue flashers on Funhouse reflect off absolutely nothing. I would like to see you have some consistency on how the flashers reflect off surrounding objects in all your tables (current and future). All flashers should reflect light off surrounding objects to some degree no matter which table it is. I know it's extra work for you guys, but if you want to create the ultimate pinball experience, this needs to be done on all tables.

I appreciate all your hard work and I look forward to seeing The Pinball Arcade evolve into the definitive pinball experience.

Still working on the flashers. We had trouble getting the 3 of them to look right cause they are so close together.

As for the HUD, the 1st party console makers require all "important" graphics to be within 90% center of the screen, So that on poor quality TV's the important stuff doesn't get clipped off. This rule (and other requirements) seem to only apply to smaller developers. I know that HUD in GTA4 for example goes off the screen in certain resolutions, but I guess when you are Rockstar you can do what you want. ;)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The game room background is the same one from the other tables, might just be a video compression issue.

Still working on the flashers. We had trouble getting the 3 of them to look right cause they are so close together.

As for the HUD, the 1st party console makers require all "important" graphics to be within 90% center of the screen, So that on poor quality TV's the important stuff doesn't get clipped off. This rule (and other requirements) seem to only apply to smaller developers. I know that HUD in GTA4 for example goes off the screen in certain resolutions, but I guess when you are Rockstar you can do what you want. ;)

I'm happy to hear you're still working on the flashers. How about giving us the option to move the DMD/HUD in the future? :)

djwille

Apr 2, 2012
Looks very good and better dan POHF. Good job Farsight.
It woud be nice to see a moving DMD/HUD, good one Pin Wiz!

Last edited:

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Gotta be honest, this didn't impress me. The ball motion looked to be off, the table is way too dark and so on.

Tabe

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Gotta be honest, this didn't impress me. The ball motion looked to be off, the table is way too dark and so on.

Tabe

The table won't look that dark on your tv and YouTube limits the FPS to 30. The ball movement is always better when you actually see it on your tv with 60 FPS.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012

Hmm, checking the position of the HUD in this clip compared to the other table clips and current tables on my xbox it does seem to be further away from the edge of the screen, appearing quite obtrusive in this video. Maybe there should be 3 or 4 positions we could choose from with the default being at the 90% position.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Rudy gives me nightmares...

awe06g.jpg

Last edited:

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
I never liked Funhouse in WPHOF but this version looks so good I might give it another try! And I love the different camera movement (up rather than along the table)! Will this be available for all other tables as well?

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
Looks fantastic! Cant wait for this one. I feel a bit bad for FS man. People on the fb page hound them for news & info and are incredibly rude. When they are finally able to announce some great news, people's responses are kind of stunning. Anyway, is it just me or does Rudy sound different than PHoF? Less nasal sounding. I know a guy in real life that sounds exactly like PHoF Rudy so I noticed it right away LOL.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Can Fasight Mike confirm wether or not the much asked for multiball camera disable switch will make it into this next update? I've never heard anyone say they actually like it!

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
Multiball cam doesn't really bother me. I always figured it was necessary actually unless you were playing from a non-moving top-down angle. With the moving cams and low angles how would you be able to see what's going on? With all the different view choices, I can't see how multiball would work for every view without switching to give you a view of the entire playfield.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Multiball cam doesn't really bother me. I always figured it was necessary actually unless you were playing from a non-moving top-down angle. With the moving cams and low angles how would you be able to see what's going on? With all the different view choices, I can't see how multiball would work for every view without switching to give you a view of the entire playfield.

I don't see the difference between playing with 1 ball or 5 balls, I only need to see what I normally see from the end of the table.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012

Doesn't bother me, either, but it sure bothers a lot of others. The table should be locked, but that doesn't mean you should be forced out of your optimal view. I don't know much about programming, but this shouldn't be too hard to implement.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts