I just bought TPA OSX...

night

May 18, 2012
Oh boy oh boy oh boy.. I bought it. Seriously, you'll get more love from a streethooker than from this sad iOS spinoff.
How do I plunge? I only seem to be able to do this with the mouse? And the flippers, I can only control them with the arrows on
my keyboard? And the menu.... it's horrible. Can't change the scrolling camera into 'locked'! I hate it. Just waisted €8,99 on this. :(

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
Once the ball is in play, space toggles the camera lock. "/" and "z" are nudge left and right. "a" and " ' " are for special buttons like the magna save on Black Knight.
I always have to play in true fullscreen mode. Otherwise, it plays in slow motion.

You are right, this version could certainly use some attention. There is a section of the options menu that describes the controls, but it's not very clear. We have been pretty much left to figure things out for ourselves and some things remain a mystery.

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
Hey guys, thanks al lot for your help. Plunge takes a long time when holding the space bar, like it is in slow motion, it goes rapid on my iPad.
Post processing seems to slow things down as well.

night

May 18, 2012
I encourage you to get a PS3 controller for playing TPA on the Mac, it's fantastic with precise nudging and no flipper lag (keyboard always has some).

Thanks for the tip!
So far, I prefer playing TPA on the iPad, it somehow gives me more the illusion of actually playing on a pinball machine then with a keyboard and monitor view. TPA OSX looks like a very rushed product with absolute 0 attention to functionality. Do it good or don't do it at all, but do it half-half is something I don't understand. Especially when they charge €9 for it. The games are exactly the same as the iOS version, can't say anything negative about that, it looks just as good as on my iPad minus the functionality.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts