Beta Vs 0.019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Beta 0.019 is up now. It has all the latest fixes for Teed Off and Haunted House from last week and today.

Version 0.019
- Fixes for Teed Off
- Fixes for Haunted House

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
The only thing that got fixed was for tables that were supposed to come out after the PC release?

i think this tables will go out WITH pc release, so nothing bad in fact what they took some fixing

zoid

Banned
Aug 6, 2013
I'm working on finishing up purchasing. Last week I got pulled off a lot to work on HH and Teed Off. Once I get purchasing I'm going to look into the tilt issue.

Mike, once the tilt sensitivity issue thing is fixed, will the game be ready for release?

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
please replace the low-rez textures with the better one's before release, the higher resolution images may have issues of their own that need sorted out and the new to TPA pc gaming crowd is not going to be impressed by the game with low resolution textures. Having good smooth textures will make new comers know they can expect serious quality out of TPA, pixal jagged textures will make them assume the opposite.

zoid

Banned
Aug 6, 2013
please replace the low-rez textures with the better one's before release, the higher resolution images may have issues of their own that need sorted out and the new to TPA pc gaming crowd is not going to be impressed by the game with low resolution textures. Having good smooth textures will make new comers know they can expect serious quality out of TPA, pixal jagged textures will make them assume the opposite.

Please Pete, don't ask for that, or the game will never get released. This game looks as bad on ps3, yet it doesn't prevent tons of players to play and enjoy it as of right now. If, as a kickstarter, I donated hundred of dollars for an access to the beta, I wouldn't personally mind about postponing the release date, but what about the rest of the crowd?

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
i don't have beta access either, from the many images and videos Ive seen the textures are the low resolution android textures and not the ps3/xbox textures. I would much rather have the PC version impress me when it comes out than experience a lower quality product and get bored of some of the tables before seeing them in full texture glory.

zoid

Banned
Aug 6, 2013
i don't have beta access either, from the many images and videos Ive seen the textures are the low resolution android textures and not the ps3/xbox textures. I would much rather have the PC version impress me when it comes out than experience a lower quality product and get bored of some of the tables before seeing them in full texture glory.

Can anyone confirms this? Is it true that the pc version looks uglier than the ps3 and xbox360 versions? That would be absolutely mind blowing.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Can anyone confirms this? Is it true that the pc version looks uglier than the ps3 and xbox360 versions? That would be absolutely mind blowing.

This is absolutely false, the PC version has better looking textures than the Xbox 360 version. I don't know why someone would post something like that at all.

Timelord ...

Roo

Jul 5, 2013

I've been involved in a few threads regarding some of these issues. Some things look great, others not so much. Some of it may only be on certain systems or resolutions, I'm not sure.

The table logos and table wheel images are pretty bad, to be honest, at least for me. Here's a thread about the logos. The wheel images just look really low-resolution and compressed. They almost look like 16-bit art to me.

For the tables (which I care far more about), I'm seeing inconsistent textures. On AFM, the art on the slingshots looks great, but the art on the playfield itself has weird jaggy lines. Check out this thread if you're interested. [Edit: the acronym tooltip thing breaks this sentence but the link should still work]

Not many people have been involved in these discussions, so maybe it's not affecting everyone, though.

Last edited:

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Mike, once the tilt sensitivity issue thing is fixed, will the game be ready for release?

The purchasing is the major issue right now. The example from the steam documentation doesn't work for me. I sent in a tech support request but sometimes responses take an entire day. Once I get past this hurdle I'm hoping the rest goes smoothly.

We can't ship without that cause if we did no one would have any tables to play.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
The purchasing is the major issue right now. The example from the steam documentation doesn't work for me. I sent in a tech support request but sometimes responses take an entire day. Once I get past this hurdle I'm hoping the rest goes smoothly.

We can't ship without that cause if we did no one would have any tables to play.

Sounds like a good plan to get that sorted :)

lio

Jul 24, 2013
The table logos and table wheel images are pretty bad, to be honest, at least for me.

same here as long as Post Processing is enabled

For the tables (which I care far more about), I'm seeing inconsistent textures. On AFM, the art on the slingshots looks great, but the art on the playfield itself has weird jaggy lines.

Most textures with sharp red edges (like AFM or BIG SHOT) seem to suffer a lot from texture compression.
Also for example on CFTBL the texture quality varies a lot between the different plastics.

Not many people have been involved in these discussions, so maybe it's not affecting everyone, though.

I guess some don't really know how to describe the problem or are not as picky about these things but I think the visual flaws are there for everyone.
Still I'm sure it looks better than on any other system right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.