Why no Pinball 2000 tables?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Someone recently asked if we'd see Revenge From Mars, and the answer was no, due to the hardware Pinball 2000 machines runs on. Just wondered what it was about the hardware that put it out of consideration. Is it too complex or difficult to recreate, or are the rights to the hardware too expensive or unavailable?

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
AFAIk, Pinball 2000 is only used in 2 games. Return of investment would be too little probably.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
^^

This, was beaten to it.

It's a shame too because I find SW Ep1 to be really underrated despite it's simplicity. I never got to play Revenge from Mars, unfortunately but would love to give it a fly sometime.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
AFAIk, Pinball 2000 is only used in 2 games. Return of investment would be too little probably.

Makes sense, though there technically are 4 Pinball 2000 - the last two (Wizard Blocks and Playboy) never made it past the prototype stage, though one working unit of each were produced.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Makes sense, though there technically are 4 Pinball 2000 - the last two (Wizard Blocks and Playboy) never made it past the prototype stage, though one working unit of each were produced.

254991506_interesting_xlarge.jpeg

I had never heard of those two.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
From a financial basis I see why they wouldn't produce those tables. However, Revenge From Mars is an amazing table that is really a blast to play. If you ever come across one definitely give it a play since it is a very unique playing experience.

Actionball

Banned
May 23, 2012
Its the top of my list to own (Revenge) just because its so unique, and quite hilarious to play.

When I heard they would not be able to do pinball2k on the Farsight software I was bummed. But in a way its a good thing, with TZ, Addams and STTNG looking possible for digital restoration it means I can focus my attention and spare $toomuch on just one game. As it is my Whirlwind has to live in the bedroom till we reconfigure. I think the lady of the house might just want to cook dinner for Farsight for what they have saved her from.

I wouldn't be so certain that SWep1 would be such a hard thing to get. Lucas will license anything it seems, possibly cheap since its not a hot property anymore (hasn't been since opening day :) ) and its a good bet he owns every image, bleep, bloop and ham handed bit of dialog in that game so no chasing down dozens of licenses.

The tantalizing possibility of Wizard Blocks had entered my mind a lot. This would be its only chance at having a real life, I would bet you could get assistance from the original team to iron out any issues because of that, Im sure Pat Lawlor doesn't like having a lost orphan. Playboy, yeah...we can't haz that.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I always thought this was a cool idea, and it was a shame it never got a chance to evolve. That awesome playfield LED monitor that tracks ball movement opens up some excellent possibilities!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.