Will the PS4 version of TPA have Stereoscopic 3D support?

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
A better question might be - Is Farsight still planning on releasing an update for Stereoscopic 3D on the PS3?

I know hey showed this off several months ago and it sounded as if the addition of 3D support was imminent, but it seems to have gone the way of the lighting slider and newly designed menu unfortunately.

I was just playing a round of Zen's Star Wars Pinball in 3D tonight and imagining how cool TPA's tables would look in 3D. I hope they didn't abandon this for either the Ps3 or PS4.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
+1 on 3D support.
Black Ops 2 Zombies on 360 is amazing in 3D, PS4 should have the horsepower in spades, not sure how much extra codings required, and not sure how much extra it would add to pinball - would definitely be interesting to see though!

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
For a game that is just a little over a month away we seem to have very little information on it.

I'd still like to know if TPA on the PS4 will include the same 4 tables as all of the other versions.
It seems kind of strange that they showed off ST TNG, Monster Bash, Cirqus Voltaire, but not TOTAN, Black Hole, RBION.

Also, they mentioned they will offer Cross-Savings for previous TPA PS3 owners, but offered no details.

I wonder what the chances are that it will offer online co-op play.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
isnt it already confirmed that the ps4 version will have 3d?

I can now confirm that it does not have 3D. At the Chicago Pinball Expo they are only showing the 3D demo on the PS3. The PS4 version that I got to play around with did not have a 3D option or menu. When I asked the FarSight guy at the booth about 3D for the PS4 version he said that once 3D is ready to be rolled out for the PS3 that it could be made available for the PS4 at the same time but that he did not know if it would be rolled out together. He said that information hasn't been shared with him or hasn't been decided yet.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I can now confirm that it does not have 3D. At the Chicago Pinball Expo they are only showing the 3D demo on the PS3. The PS4 version that I got to play around with did not have a 3D option or menu. When I asked the FarSight guy at the booth about 3D for the PS4 version he said that once 3D is ready to be rolled out for the PS3 that it could be made available for the PS4 at the same time but that he did not know if it would be rolled out together. He said that information hasn't been shared with him or hasn't been decided yet.

Thanks Brakel.
I would think if they are making it for the PS3 it would make sense to also make it for the PS4.
I hope so anyway because I intend on making the PS4 my main console for TPA.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts