Trapped ball glitching through drawbridge

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
This was quite funny, during multiball I shot 2 balls at the castle and managed to get the 2nd ball stuck between the gate and the drawbridge. You can see the ball glitching through the drawbridge, when the drawbridge was next lowered the ball came back into play. Not a bug as I'm sure this could happen on a real table, I just thought I would post this because it was funny.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I had this happen to me as well. I was just happy the ball came back into play because I was having a great game at the time.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I was actually quite impressed that the game just continued when I released the ball, I expected it to screw the game up like it didn't know where the ball had gone. Made me appreciate the physics, like the ball was real not vitual..........well apart from it clipping through the drawbridge. If this happened on a real table would it stop the drawbridge closing or is the gap between the gate/drawbridge big enough for a ball?

Last edited:

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Anyone have a real MM that they could play without the glass and set up this scenario? Get multi-ball, smash the castle and then drop one of the balls into the drawbridge as it's raising. Maybe it's like a garage door - it would detect the ball there, open again (to release the ball) and then close up?

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
I saw this happen in real life once at a tournament. The guy was very confused why he was getting jackpots on "single ball" play and why the game didn't end when he drained his "last ball". His actual last ball was released during the ball search.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I just had this happen again but this time the ball went in through the hole in the wall to the left of the drawbridge and instead of giving me the damaged wall scene in the DMD ( ball 1 locked ) the ball somehow got between the drawbridge and gate again. The behavior was different this time though, last time it just stayed there until I opened the drawbridge again but this time after a few seconds the castle went crazy like when its destroyed and the drawbridge opened letting it out. This didn't could as a destroyed castle though and no 2 million pts either. This was with latest 1.1.1 version.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts