Bug Twilight Zone - The Camera doesn't reliably trigger rewards (Ball MIA)

alystair

Sep 22, 2013
OS Version: Windows 7
Graphics Card: Mobility Radeon 5400
Ram: 8GB
Version #(Bottom right of game screen): 0.018
Display Mode: Windowed
Display Resolution: 1024x768

Frequency of Occurrence: 40%

Expected Result: Camera triggers Camera Award or Jet Bumpers bonus and then returns ball via slot machine.
Actual Result: Ball enters, nothing occurs for a few seconds (ball MIA), then ball returns via slot machine as if nothing else happened.

Comment: I am unsure if it's a velocity / physics issue, but it feels like one.

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
I think the ball goes over the camera hole and hits the trigger in front the gumball machine, which cancels out the camera award. I think this happens on all the other versions.

alystair

Sep 22, 2013
I don't know if this is an issue that happens on the physical table, haven't touched one in over 10 years :/

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
It's been a long long time since I played a real TZ so someone else can correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is sort of present in the actual table too. There's so much stuff under the powerfield that the table can't quite figure out what was triggered at all times. I don't know what the actual cause for it is mechanically, but this or something very similar is definitely present in the real pin.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
It's been a long long time since I played a real TZ so someone else can correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is sort of present in the actual table too. There's so much stuff under the powerfield that the table can't quite figure out what was triggered at all times. I don't know what the actual cause for it is mechanically, but this or something very similar is definitely present in the real pin.
What happens on a real table is that the same switch is examined to determine when a Camera shot is made and when a Mania Jackpot is scored. So if you're in a round where Mania Jackpots are available (Powerball Mania and Lost in the Zone), if you trip the opto at the top of the Powerfield but don't actually make the upper hole, a quick shot to the Camera will score the Mania Jackpot.

The problem in TPA is that shots to the Camera often travel over the Camera hole and up to the Gumball Machine exit. Since this trips the Gumball Machine exit switch and the Camera switch in succession, the ROM interprets this as a ball leaving the Gumball Machine and not a legitimate Camera shot. Therefore no Camera award is given.

alystair

Sep 22, 2013
I've also found that many times Town Square Dead End won't trigger at all due to speed, instead getting a bonus hitchhiker... real pain in the ass.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.