PS4 pricing and discount thread

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
No prices have been announced for the PS4 version and presumed DLC yet, except that there will be some form of discount for owners of the PS3 (and Vita?) version. I did think it worth noting at this point though something they said yesterday on their Facebook page which I hadn't heard them put in quite this same way before; when asked "If we bought all of these tables on the PS3, when it comes out on the PS4 will we have to buy them all again?" they replied

The Pinball Arcade yes, but if you own all of them we plan to offer a discount on the ps4 version.

Now, I wouldn't go making any table pack purchasing decisions based on this just yet, but since we have other indications strongly suggesting that the PS4 release will include all the Season 1 tables, "if you own all of them" suggests that the discount for the PS4 version will only be available to those who have previously purchased all the Season 1 table packs. Which makes sense, I guess. It does make me wonder if Season 2 packs we already own on PSN will then be free or discounted once they arrive on PS4.

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
My guess would be that FS will include the season 1 pack with the PS4 game. I'd be willing to pay 30 Euros for this, a discount would of course be welcome :)

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I asked FarSight some questions about the PS4 version on Facebook and they replied:

Me PS4 questions : ) 1) Will there be a demo version? 2) Will the starting tables come with Pro mode, or will that have to be purchased separately as upgrades? 3) Will there be Pro modes for all starting tables, or just the ones that have them now on other platforms? 4) Will PS3/Vita Pro upgrades transfer over to the PS4? 5) Will it have more than one table pack released per month to catch up with the other versions? 6) Will it support multiple controllers? Thanks!

The Pinball Arcade there should be a trial version, that is the plan. The only tables to offer pro will be the ones that already do. You will still have to purchase pro mode separately. No pro upgrades will transfer over to the ps4 from any other platform. We haven't decided how many table packs will be released to catch up yet. Multiple controllers may be supported.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I asked FarSight some questions about the PS4 version on Facebook and they replied:

Hopefully they will have a new infrastructure in place to allow timed demos of all of their tables, including DLC tables.

PS4 is only ONE MONTH away... who here has a pre-order, and who is buying it just for TPA. :)

*I have a pre-order, and I'm buying it for Second Son, Killzone, Resogun, and that DS3 demo (Playroom?).
That being said, if the prices for PS4's go nuts on eBay (as in double) I have no problem selling mine and buying again in 2014.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
PS4 is only ONE MONTH away... who here has a pre-order, and who is buying it just for TPA. :)

If TPA on PS4 turns out to be good--no flipper lag, importantly, and no terrifically freakish light shows--then I will probably get a PS4 for it. My friend is pre-ordering one and guess I'll be able to play the demo on it, so that'll help.

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
With Gran Turismo 6 coming out on PS3 I'll hold out on the PS4 for a while I think, unless TPA turns out to be spectacular then I'll be doing some lobbying with the missus.. ;)

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Yeah I'm not sure FarSight understand how lame it is not to support multiple controllers; I mean, if you want to discourage people from choosing your game as one to play when they have friends over, this is a decent way to do it.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Yeah I'm not sure FarSight understand how lame it is not to support multiple controllers; I mean, if you want to discourage people from choosing your game as one to play when they have friends over, this is a decent way to do it.

You mean you guys don't enjoy frantically throwing your controller across the room when it's the next players turn?
That's all part of the game for us. And when the ball is accidentally plunged when the controller is passed, all the more fun!

I also enjoy it when I have a good score going when friends are over and someone accidentally starts playing my ball thinking it's their turn... that's usually followed by them yelling out...."&$@¡¡°®, I thought it was MY turn, sorry!"

The power of the PS4 will now allow multiple controllers to function at once, or so I'm led to believe.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
You mean you guys don't enjoy frantically throwing your controller across the room when it's the next players turn?
That's all part of the game for us. And when the ball is accidentally plunged when the controller is passed, all the more fun!

I also enjoy it when I have a good score going when friends are over and someone accidentally starts playing my ball thinking it's their turn... that's usually followed by them yelling out...."&$@¡¡°®, I thought it was MY turn, sorry!"

The power of the PS4 will now allow multiple controllers to function at once, or so I'm led to believe.

It's way easier to change the controller number. Person up changes their controller to controller number one. We can change the controller number in about 1.125 seconds now!

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
It's way easier to change the controller number. Person up changes their controller to controller number one. We can change the controller number in about 1.125 seconds now!

Yeah, but that depends who you are playing with.

I tend to start up a game of pinball when there are people over who are generally not big gamers. It's easy to understand in the basic level of just hit everything and don't lose the ball type of game, but trying to to them to "Hold in the PS button until the menu changes to "quit game, controller settings, turn off PS3..." just seems like too much for a non gamer/technical person to get under control.

Plus, the chance that they might turn off the system or quit the game goes exponentially! ;)

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012

Haha. That made me laugh

Rodricula

Mar 20, 2013
Hmmm... 20 tables could mean the four core tables plus season one minus TZ/STTNG..
the feature list in german is with TZ and STTNG:

Features:
- 20 unterschiedliche Tische mit bekannten Themen, u.a. Star Trek und Twilight
- Realistische Ballphysik
- Detailreiche Optik und authentische Sounds
- Lebensechte HD Next Gen-Grafik

1001250_3.jpg

1001250_5.jpg

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Yeah, but that depends who you are playing with.

I tend to start up a game of pinball when there are people over who are generally not big gamers. It's easy to understand in the basic level of just hit everything and don't lose the ball type of game, but trying to to them to "Hold in the PS button until the menu changes to "quit game, controller settings, turn off PS3..." just seems like too much for a non gamer/technical person to get under control.

Plus, the chance that they might turn off the system or quit the game goes exponentially! ;)

I've had that problem also but was only playing with one other person so I'd change my controller to number two when it was his turn.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
the feature list in german is with TZ and STTNG:

Features:
- 20 unterschiedliche Tische mit bekannten Themen, u.a. Star Trek und Twilight
- Realistische Ballphysik
- Detailreiche Optik und authentische Sounds
- Lebensechte HD Next Gen-Grafik
Quick translation :)
Features:
- 20 unique tables with well-known themes, e.g. Star Trek and Twilight Zone
- realistic ball physics
- detailed graphics and authentic sounds
- life-like HD Next Gen-graphics (gotta love the marketing language here ;-) )

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Hopefully Farsight will give us details before the PS4 hits.

It was just announced that Sony is making some of it's PS3 games Cross-Buy to the PS4 (with enhancements)
Flower, flOw, Sound Shapes, and Escape Plan have been announced so far. This is good news for PS4 gamers and I hope to see more companies join in...

Zen said they will be giving details soon.
I am guessing they will make their previous tables importable to Zen Pinball 3 on the PS4.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.