Game hard crashes every time I alt-tab out of full screen mode (YES, IN 0.022!)

alystair

Sep 22, 2013
Love that you never gave me time to respond that yes, this is in the latest 0.022 beta. Don't blindly close my threads.

OS Version: Windows 7
Graphics Card: Mobility Radeon 5400
Ram: 8GB
Version #(Bottom right of game screen): 0.022
Display Mode: Windowed
Display Resolution: 1024x768

Frequency of Occurrence: 100% if not in steam overlay, 75% if steam overlay is active.

Comments:
TABLES THAT CRASH: Twilight zone, Theater of Magic, Black Knight, Tee'd Off, Bar Fight, Taxi
Game only crashes if table is active and window is restored from task bar. If in the main menu there is no issue.

It seems some other tables that feel stable are sporadic when alt-tabbing and will crash anyway, seen this happen on Circus Voltaire and Elviera. //edit and bride of pinbot... losing so many good games because of this//

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Bug fixing is always a tedious process. The least we can do is stick to a standard format to make things easier for the developers. Copying and pasting a bug report form is child's play compared to what the programmers have to do.

alystair

Sep 22, 2013
Seems to still happen on many other tables, what's the next step to debugging, do I send a crash log?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I just checked using an NVidia GFX 450 card and Windows 8...no crash for me in either windowed or full screen mode

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I had TZ crash on me after alt+tab and then clicking on the game in taskbar.
Will try to recreate when I get home.
Windows 7 + Amd HD7750 running latest beta driver and Aa 16x, PP on, full screen 1920*1080

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
well, finally I can confirm it

OS Version: Windows 7 Professional (64 bit) with Intel Q9300 (2.5 Ghz) Processor (8 GB memory)
Graphics Card: NVidia GeForce 9800GT video card (latest drivers) and DirectX 11
Ram: 8GB
Version #: .022
Display Mode: Full Screen
Display Resolution: 1680x1050

Initially I could not get it to crash, but I [alt tab]'d it out to task bar and let it sit while I did some stuff. While I was watching some YouTube videos I managed to have it misbehave, and wow did it ever. Crashed my computer beyond BSOD into brickville. Had to hit he hard reset button.

So there is some degree of instability there, but can't nail it down.

Perhaps right now it is best not to [alt tab] out.

Timelord ...

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I just crashed while in-game. Seems that any interaction with the table (i.e. playing it) causes it to crash while getting off of fullscreen mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.