Is Centaur Really Rom Emulated?

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Granted my experience with the real table is limited to a few plays at PAPA last year, but I watched a video on Papa TV and it just seemed totally different. The 3 clicks when you start a game are faster, and the music changes sound completely different. Much like how Xenon changes tempo the music in Centaur is supposed to change depending on what's happening. Pinball Arcade version doesn't match up.

The video is on Papa TV website listed as Gameplay. Check it out. Also, music is supposed to cut out during voice calls, and the voice itself is also different.

Check it out guys and tell me I'm wrong or off. I personally think it's scripted based on what I've seen and heard now.

sellenoff

FarSight Programmer
Aug 17, 2012
Yes it is emulated. The audio hardware however is not emulated, it's simulated using recorded audio from Farsight's table. Last I checked it speeds up the music as switches are closed and cuts the music during voice calls, so I'd be curious if others are seeing similar things.

Last edited:

FurVid

Feb 20, 2012
I guess that explains why it will say "guardian releases power orb" even when it's already done so on that ball. Or does the real machine make that mistake as well?

sellenoff

FarSight Programmer
Aug 17, 2012
I guess that explains why it will say "guardian releases power orb" even when it's already done so on that ball. Or does the real machine make that mistake as well?

I don't live near FS to try out the real machine, but the emulation dictates what sound to play, so unless it's an emulation bug, my guess would be the real machine does that. Hard to know w/o playing a real machine to find out.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.