Beta Vs 0.023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Beta 0.023 is up. Fixes a multitude of issues (thanks to Stuart)

Also crash at boot-up is fixed.

Version 0.023
- Various issues with input on the generic initials entry screen have been fixed.
- Input issues on coin door menus have been fixed.
- Font has been adjusted for Scale Up/Down buttons on flyers.
- Hi-res table logos, renders, and icons are used if available.
- Main menu control improvements.
- Can use B-button to back out of Table Exploration.
- Flippers can be used to navigate table selection.
- Fixed crash on boot up.
- Displays on Haunted House and Taxi have been fixed.
- Basement "Add Bonus" lights adjusted on Haunted House.
- Text fields are friendlier on the login screen (tab, return and foreign keyboard support).
- Mouse wheel adjusted on Table Select screen.
- Leaderboard fixes.
- Added "Fullscreen Window" option. (Option is in Configuration Utility)

Last edited:

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Another small update, no version number change. Just changed updated Configuration utility, didn't realize it changed when I built the 0.023 build.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Don't have a clue but I am guessing that T2 will be the first portrait table and will be shown at the expo this weekend.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Thanks fellas!

Nice to see some visual improvements on the logos, icons etc. although Post Processing is still spoiling most of that good work.

Navigation in menus is a lot slicker now too :)

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
What do you mean, has T2 been added? Its been in the past few builds after you login.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
What do you mean, has T2 been added? Its been in the past few builds after you login.

Not for everybody, at least it wasnt. Explain that one to me.

Logged out and back in, no T2. On another note, man o man, the tables and menus are looking great. I notice I can now page through the tables using the flippers, very nice. Everything will be ready to go once cabinet gets up and running.

Great work.

Last edited:

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
That's an easy one to explain, the table is tied to user account not the beta build. It must not of been activated on your user account and I assume you need to email support@pinballarcade.com and a staff member can activate it. If I recall that is what I did, but I can check my email if needed for more specifics.

The email below was sent 8/23

"FarSight Studios says:

Hello there,

We want to let you know that you are officially able to beta test Terminator 2 for PC, if that is your platform of choice.

Just a reminder that if your FarSight log in is different from your Kickstarter log in, please let us know at support@pinballarcade.com.

We are just a bit away from releasing for PC and I/we hope that you are as excited as we are.

Thank you.
"

Not for everybody, at least it wasnt. Explain that one to me.

Logged out and back in, no T2. On another note, man o man, the tables and menus are looking great. I notice I can now page through the tables using the flippers, very nice. Everything will be ready to go once cabinet gets up and running.

Great work.

Last edited:

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
From where we are now, I would be happy with the following artwork fixes before release:

1. Post Processing problem persists
2. HUD DMD is dull
3. Something could be done with the navigation bar
4. Also, we really could do with a better quality environment in which to sit the tables! Even if it's just higher resolution wooden flooring or something.

I would be very grateful if higher resolution table textures and better quality lighting come at some point, even if it's a while after release.

Thanks for all the hard work :)

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
First, thanks for the update !
Great looking landscape mode HUD and Interface, it really works great.

So many things that were fixed and not listed, good stuff.

Thanks for the fixes in Scared Stiff - Stiff in the Coffin Multiball Animation. So many others.

It's been noted that we can successfully noted that portrait mode kinda works. It is great to play even with the aspect ratio a bit (LOL) off and Hud/Interface Elements distorted and off screen. In Portrait mode the vertical space is less compressed and angles seem more natural even with the screen aspect ratio off.

Once support for a VPin plunger is supported I have ordered a plunger and will work on ordering a DMD driver/Display setup. It will be a vertical VPin since I don't have much horizontal space available. Besides, that dang thing is too heavy (400+ lbs) to get up 4 flights of stairs, but I will have a homebuilt VPin hybrid setup.

Thanks again, everyone involved.

Timelord ...

Last edited:

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
I have had access to T2 since it was put in the beta (after logging in to my Farsight account).

Oh right, no I defo don't have T2 in my table list, I'm signed in also. I selected T2 for the PC as my platform of choice so should I be seeing T2 in my games list?. Maybe I need to contact FS

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
That's an easy one to explain, the table is tied to user account not the beta build. It must not of been activated on your user account and I assume you need to email support@pinballarcade.com and a staff member can activate it. If I recall that is what I did, but I can check my email if needed for more specifics.

The email below was sent 8/23

"FarSight Studios says:

Hello there,

We want to let you know that you are officially able to beta test Terminator 2 for PC, if that is your platform of choice.

Just a reminder that if your FarSight log in is different from your Kickstarter log in, please let us know at support@pinballarcade.com.

We are just a bit away from releasing for PC and I/we hope that you are as excited as we are.

Thank you.
"

This, Lettuce.

Somehow they must have left you off the access list. Give them an email at the link above.

Timelord ...

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Strange thing is my email with TPA and KickStarter are the same. Ill fire them an email, thanks!!

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Beta 0.023 is up. Fixes a multitude of issues (thanks to Stuart)

Also crash at boot-up is fixed.

Not for me...

Error.jpg

First time I've encountered this in all beta versions. Was working just fine yesterday.

No longer boots from Steam. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online