Bug Left and Right Ramps missing (the physics of the) plastic ramp return guides.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
On the actual game, there are two plastic guides attached to the left and right ramps that ensure that when the ball fails to make the ramp, it is returned to the right wall of each ramp (see the slightly prismatic effect in the image below, which makes the ramp graphics look less sharp (that is the plastic guide).

top_left_ramp.jpg

At the moment, failed shots up the left ramp are returned right down the guts unless you tilt). You shouldn't have to.

I think it would be good if you applied "virtual guides" to each of the ramps to change the trajectory of failed ramp shots. For the record, the return trajectory on the right ramp seems to be good.

Perhaps this will be fixed when the flipper position is altered as specified in the other post on this subforum. The shift in flipper might allow players to hit the ball as it returns down the ramp.

IHaveTheMagic

Mar 7, 2012
I was just about to post this too and then there it was. Seems it was working better before the update. Now in all the games I played last nite almost every failed shot went SDTM. When the ball comes back over the diverter you can tell there no affect to its path.

baronkohinar

May 29, 2012
Thanks for the information/keeping on them about this. I've heard mixed solutions for this personally -- that the ramps are supposed to have plastic guides on them/the ramps should actually be split down the middle, with one side tilted so the balls always end up on one particular side/that if the flippers were actually in the right place, if wouldn't be a problem -- and I imagine the fix lies somewhere between all of these to some degree. All I know is that it's clear that the left ramp is not draining as it was designed to in reality. MM is my favorite table so far and it's devastating to risk the ball going SDTM in the middle of a good game every time I want to shoot for the left ramp. Hopefully they can fix this and the flipper issue soon.

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Does anyone know when the rear flashers seen in the photo above work? do they just flash as the ball goes around the loop and passes them or when the castle explodes? Obviously they don't work at all in TPA so far, I'm just interested.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Does anyone know when the rear flashers seen in the photo above work? do they just flash as the ball goes around the loop and passes them or when the castle explodes? Obviously they don't work at all in TPA so far, I'm just interested.

The flashers should be working when MM releases for the consoles, but FarSight hasn't stated when they'll be working for Android and iOS.

baronkohinar

May 29, 2012
Yeah, it's clearly the plastic guides. I think without research some others were mistakenly thinking the ramps were split when it's really just an optical illusion/shadow from the plastic. You can really see them in this image:

img_2605.jpg

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Wow, awesome lightshow, thanks.

Just wish we could have "night mode" on portable devices, particularly those with Tegra 3 processors.

However, I totally understand that it is better to have the games working flawlessly than having a sub-optimal gaming experience with pretty graphics. ;)

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Good to hear this table isn´t as unforgiving in real life as it is in TPA. I´ve been staying away from MM in the beginning because I would just drain all balls without even really getting a chance to warm up, but now that I´m actually really enjoying it I can look forward to a hopefully slightly easier version in the future ;)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Thanks to a fire alarm in the building today, I managed to get a good go at the table. Totally thrashed it: best score for me to date (100 M +). The frustrating thing is that I was playing offline at the time. The sooner Farsight implement off-line score posting, the better.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Thanks to a fire alarm in the building today, I managed to get a good go at the table. Totally thrashed it: best score for me to date (100 M +). The frustrating thing is that I was playing offline at the time. The sooner Farsight implement off-line score posting, the better.
OK, I'll bite. Please explain to me why, upon hearing a fire alarm go off in your vicinity, you decide it is a good idea to play pinball. (Not that there's anything wrong with pinball, of course...)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
OK, I'll bite. Please explain to me why, upon hearing a fire alarm go off in your vicinity, you decide it is a good idea to play pinball. (Not that there's anything wrong with pinball, of course...)

Yeah, sorry. I explained that badly. I heard the alarm, made sure I had all my "personal effects" with me (including my tablet and phone), and evacuated to the assembly point downstairs.

Got a good 45 mins playing time on the TF300T while waiting for the all clear. :D

No damage to the building. Just an air conditioning heater blowing out smoke.

Duchess

Feb 16, 2013
Again I have this. If it goes only half way up the ramp or just a little, when it rolls back down it is an automatic drain. No way to save it. Also sucks. Kindle Fire HD if you need to know this.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts