Mavericks Update

Sinitro

Jul 26, 2012
Updated to Mavericks OS...
Now none of the tables run..
Rebooted, tried again now it wants to charge me AGAIN!!!
Pls get this chaos fixed..
Far Sight was given an advance copy of Mavericks OS 4 1/2 months ago and there is no reason the tables aren't compatible..
Thank U.

barryd2

Jun 12, 2012
Me too! I had to log in about a half dozen times, and I still only got a few tables back... I even did that Force Quit business like I did to get my "free" Star Trek and Twilight Zone... C'mon, guys!

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
Mine work, but all of my goals and high score data are gone. Guess I'll just start again. It's like getting a whole new game.

hootowls

Aug 20, 2013
Every time I load TPA I get only a subset of my tables - restoring purchases only brings some of them back and then they're gone again the next time I load the program.

barryd2

Jun 12, 2012
I sent an email to TPA, and received a response last night... apparently, Maverick really messed up their game, and they are aware of it. TPA said they are trying to repair the problem... hopefully, it's sooner rather than later...

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
I'll just hold off on the Mavericks update for a version or two. That's standard practice for me, anyway. Why beta test if there is no clear upside? I already have a fine OS.

Terry Ingram

Sep 14, 2012
I have all the above problems, but I'm also experiencing ball lag on all the tables now. This wasn't a problem before the Mavericks update.

s1mp13m4n

Jul 9, 2013
I too now have OSX 10.9 and now Pinball Arcade does not work. When I log in, it crashes. The game will not play at all.

Jul 2, 2012
This really shows how Mac OS X is not very high on their priority list. Developers who publish on Mac App Store have had access to the pre-release versions of Mavericks since June, which means there has been plenty of time to update applications to support the new OS. On the other hand, it might of course be that the challenges involved in the case of TPA are so complex that they simply couldn't have done it before the release of Mavericks.

The only thing I wish right now is that my high scores and completed goals are not gone forever. I have full Time Machine backups of my system (as I hope most of others do as well) so technically everything should be able to be restored once the game is made compatible.

barryd2

Jun 12, 2012
Tuomas, I have a question... since I already have Maverick installed, won't the pre-Maverick version of TPA crash when I start to play it? Let me know... if it does work, I'll use Time Machine to restore TPA... Thanks

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
On further research, the only tables that are in the app each time I reload it are the release tables and the last two. All other tables have to be restored each time the app is restarted.

Some good news for me, I can now play most of the tables in fullscreen mode at the highest resolution that my TBD will run. Past versions would slow down above 1600 X 900. CMD + OPT + F doesn't seem to work, though. :-/

Sinitro

Jul 26, 2012
Very strange...
New table downloads work fine with Mavericks..
Such as Victory and Class of 1812..
The problem lies with the original tables not being upgraded correctly to be compatible when the OS is upgraded to Mavericks..
Frustrating...
Far Sight needs to provide the patches to fix these issues..
So when the OS upgrade is done each table is revised as to be compatible..

Indy

Sep 23, 2013
Hey guys,

We apologize for the Mavericks/TPA issues. Everything seemed to test fine on our programers Mac. We have located the crash and are looking into things now. The OS X programer has my crash report and is hammering on things as i write this.

Hopefully we will have something for you guys very soon! Thank you guys for your patience and understanding!

Indy

Sep 23, 2013
Verified. It looks like everything is running correctly now and we will get this pushed through Apple as soon as possible.

Again, Thank you guys for your patience!

Sinitro

Jul 26, 2012
We understand that software continues to evolve as refinements are added...
And many, many tweaks have been added to various existing tables but not been circulated as an upgrade..
The latest updates have only been available when one does a new install/purchase for a specific table.
So now would be an excellent time for Far Sight to disclose and provide the latest upgrades, table by table along with the fixes for compatibility with Mavericks are released..
This would go along way to satisfy the loyal supporters of Pinball Arcade..

Just my $0.02... :cool:

Cartoon Bird

Aug 29, 2013
I'm getting all my purchased tables back except T2, which I acquired through Kickstarter.

My biggest problem is the need to login every time I open PA. Because of this, I need to restore all my tables every time I login. I also can't keep my preferred settings, such as anti-aliasing x8, because to do that you need to re-start PA, and when I re-start I need to login again.

I'm wondering if this login issue is because of problems related to Mavericks or just a setting that I need to change?

Terry Ingram

Sep 14, 2012
Verified. It looks like everything is running correctly now and we will get this pushed through Apple as soon as possible.

Again, Thank you guys for your patience!

Thank you FarSight for your prompt attention to this matter! I look forward to the update. And .. will continue to purchase all future table packs due to your prompt support.

Members online

Members online