TPA PS4 US launch countdown!

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
The game is due out on the PS4 PSN store Tuesday, December 17th.

You can always check to see if the game is available yet by checking the PS4 TPA product page in the Sony Entertainment Network online store.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At launch, only the Season One pack will be available as far as DLC tables go. Those who own *ALL* of the Season One tables on PS3/Vita get a 50% discount on the Season One pack. Otherwise pricing will probably be similar to other platforms. (The originally proposed deal was you only had to own four of the season one tables to get the discount--that has changed.)

Only a rough release date of "first part of 2014" has been given as an estimate for when Season Two will be released.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Original post:]

Well maybe this is premature but I'm prematurely excited so nyah : P

event.png

What table (Season One tables being the ones available--that's everything up through Table Pack 10, which had Attack from Mars and Genie) will you play first?

Hm... For myself I'm thinking either Medieval Madness or Genie, since those aren't lit very well on PS3 and I really want to see what they've been able to do with them on the PS4. Or I suppose I might just stick to my current scheme of playing all the tables through in order, which would mean Attack From Mars, but I probably won't be that strong at the beginning. >_>

Last edited:

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
CV with the updated lighting and ball physics I think.. Mind you I didn't pre order, will have to wait until the second wave of Ps4's arrive I'm afraid.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
To bad I cant even order a PS4... pre-orders sold out everywhere I look...

They won't be hard to get.

So y is making millions of these for the US launch. They want to have big November and December numbers so they can get an early lead on Microsofts. They will outship them.

There's no early blu ray, hard to manufacture cell, or even emotion engine it's straightforward hardware and there's no Japanese launch till later. XO is the console that will be hard to get not ps4. Worst case scenario you'll have to wait a week or two for new shipments, but if you want a ps4 this year you'll be covered.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
To bad I cant even order a PS4... pre-orders sold out everywhere I look...
Try Amazon - I know of at least one canceled pre-order yesterday (mine). I decided to wait a few extra months until more games I care about are released. And to address my ridiculous PS3 backlog.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Amazon released a bunch of PS4 preorders the other day.

But generally, you're too late - most places closed off preorders mid-September because they needed to finalize the orders to Sony and Sony needs to know how many to manufacture.

If you must have it launch day, you should be able to get it launch day - there's nothing special to these consoles this time around that makes them exceptionally hard to manufacture and there should be generally lots of supply. Plus with launch lineups less than spectacular now that Watch Dogs and Drive Club are delayed, demand should lower to the point where only the people who must have one then will get it.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I cancelled my PS4 pre-orders (yeah, more than one place). I'm sticking with PC version of TPA and TPA was the biggest draw for me to get a PS4.
Will probably get one at a later date :)

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Paper thin launch release of games should help tpa sell more units. I pre ordered in June, but aren't sure if I'm keeping it or not, that controller still looks bloody awful.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
As long as the flipper buttons work...

Oh and I forgot Black Knight! May have to try that one first. Will it finally be done justice??

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Expect eBay prices on eBay to at least double after Black Friday is over. Many pre-orders are already selling for way too much.

Sony won't have enough for everyone until Spring 2014.

One of the big game chains here in NY is expecting only 10 (TEN) systems on Black Friday. Those will sell out in the first 5 minutes.

Your best bet would be to buy one of the overpriced bundles that an online retailer throws together.. So get ready to pay extra money for stuff like extra controllers, PSN Plus membership, extra controller, camera, or even worse, crap like dust covers, extra cooling fans, or *gasp* system decals!

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Black Market and Cyber Mondays!
Yep. It wouldn't be a console launch without those. ;)

Do you have one pre-ordered?

I have a launch day system pre-ordered at Amazon, but honestly if someone were to pay double what I paid I would sell it and wait until Spring. I have a backlog of about 50 PS3, Wii U, 3DS, and Vita games and thy aren't going to play themselves.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I'm getting my PS4 at launch, but I'm not about to give Farsight another cent until I see if they've actually improved the quality of their product.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I'm getting my PS4 at launch, but I'm not about to give Farsight another cent until I see if they've actually improved the quality of their product.

I have seen. They have improved.

I pre-ordered the PS4 and an extra controller from Amazon back when Amazon first listed it for sale. The other day Amazon emailed me "Good news! The PS4 controller that you pre-ordered is shipping early and you should receive it on October 30th!" Great, that's just what I need. a controller for a system that hasn't released yet! :p

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.