PS Vita - Bug "Lost connection to the playstation network" message

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
During an average game of F2K the message "lost connection to the playstation network" came up. I hadn't been playing long and the wifi connection was solid.

I think TPA on the vita times out after lack of any data sent to the playstation network. This is annoying as I always have to check the leaderboards to re-establish a connection after having a pee, cigarette, snack to make sure my score gets uploaded.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
During an average game of F2K the message "lost connection to the playstation network" came up. I hadn't been playing long and the wifi connection was solid.

I think TPA on the vita times out after lack of any data sent to the playstation network. This is annoying as I always have to check the leaderboards to re-establish a connection after having a pee, cigarette, snack to make sure my score gets uploaded.

I think it re-establishes the connection at the end when it saves your score.

Vyrastas

Mar 26, 2013
Usually to re-establish the connection when I've lost it in-game, I have to restart the game. I've tried doing it by switching to another app that connects to the network (like Trophies or the PS Store), then going back to TPA... but it didn't save my score to the leaderboards.

I agree that it's annoying, I've had many good games where the score never logged. Like the only time I got the 1 Billion shot in Bride of PinBot. :mad:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Usually to re-establish the connection when I've lost it in-game, I have to restart the game. I've tried doing it by switching to another app that connects to the network (like Trophies or the PS Store), then going back to TPA... but it didn't save my score to the leaderboards.

I agree that it's annoying, I've had many good games where the score never logged. Like the only time I got the 1 Billion shot in Bride of PinBot. :mad:

Sometimes I also will select "Leaderboards" from the in-game menu after a connection is lost. It re-establishes the connection, and then resume your game.

Pesthauch666

Mar 20, 2013
Sometimes I also will select "Leaderboards" from the in-game menu after a connection is lost. It re-establishes the connection, and then resume your game.
Yes I do the same.
But it looks like the Leaderboard-Access on the Vita seems to be bug ridden. Viewing the Leaderboard on PS3 is rather quick and reliable, but on the Vita it takes significantly longer and sometimes loads, loads and loads, but nothing happens at all or there are just Zeros displayed as Leaderboard. So, usually the Leaderboard loads only after the second or even third try. But at least viewing the Leaderboard doesn't crash the game like some versions earlier.

Neil L

Aug 5, 2012
I've been getting this a lot recently, I've noticed that the game plays really choppy until the connection re-establishes itself. Also a 3-2-1 count in (like it does after pausing) after this has message has popped up would be better than going straight back to the game.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts