Lookee what I found just 20 mins away!! Oh yeah!!

IdontHave50cents

Mar 10, 2012
Found these at Gable House Bowl in Torrance, CA a couple of nights ago! (They also have a Family Guy) I'm so excited! I even had to get TOKENS to play them haha! That took me back! The sad thing is I'm moving out of state to CO in 6 weeks to a rural town... Gonna play these as much as I can until then! :cool: I have to say I enjoyed the ACDC machine a bit better than TRON. I thought it'd be the opposite.

401610_10150845848652726_766587725_9762117_1717721365_n.jpg

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Lucky, I will never get to play these tables ever in my life time... unless they come to TPA... which is doubtful..

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Cool! Tron is the LE as well, telling by the plaque above the DMD. I actually played both tables at Flippers in Grandy, NC. I liked what I played of AC/DC, but I liked tron better. I hope they get the LE of AC/DC. It looks to be more fun than the Pro.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Very lucky! I played both at a nearby show last weekend and would love to have daily access to these two. And, yes, an LE Tron. Those neon ramps make all the difference between a cool table and an awesome table. AC/DC is pretty kickass too. The music really gets you going.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
I would have preferred either over my find:
019add57.jpg

But this RS was an LE and OK.
Wish I could of given it more of a play.
(The downside is that they have the RS and a BBH .But they DID have a BBH and a nice MM!!!!-Luckily we have another location MM here-AND we have TPA \o/ YAY :))

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I found a nice new AC/DC machine near me, and it's now one of my favorites. At $.75 a play (3 for $2.00) it was pretty steep, but I figured I had to give it a go, then just had to have another, and so on. I've never played a MM, and didn't know there were still some left "on the loose."

BTW, What is a BBH? I thought I'd had all the abbreviations down but that one's got me stumped.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I found a nice new AC/DC machine near me, and it's now one of my favorites. At $.75 a play (3 for $2.00) it was pretty steep, but I figured I had to give it a go, then just had to have another, and so on. I've never played a MM, and didn't know there were still some left "on the loose."

BTW, What is a BBH? I thought I'd had all the abbreviations down but that one's got me stumped.

While 3 plays for $2 is a bit steep, the nice thing about Stern machines is the length of the game usually tends to run longer, and it's generally easier to earn extra balls and replays, compared to older machines. When I pump $2 into my local BDK, I can usually play for a long time, sometimes hours, and I'm not that great of a player.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
While 3 plays for $2 is a bit steep, the nice thing about Stern machines is the length of the game usually tends to run longer, and it's generally easier to earn extra balls and replays, compared to older machines. When I pump $2 into my local BDK, I can usually play for a long time, sometimes hours, and I'm not that great of a player.

I've found this to be untrue. Some Stern tables (particularly Simpsons Pinball Party) are extremely difficult, and I rarely last more than a minute or two. However, I found a place where SPP costs only a quarter to play, so I could probably last a while on $2 there.
BTW, with a dozen songs, I'm curious as to exactly how much of each song did Stern manage to fit onto their AC/DC table. Is each song played in its entirety, or did Stern shorten or loop them to save space?

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
I have no idea which pinball machines i can find within 20 minuts of my house. Perhaps a nice idea for a topic: picture every machine in your area.

Ive not played real machines for 10 years or more i think. But if i am honoust, i think i can find all the new ones and populair older ones like adams family within 5 minuts.

But.... not sure, i will take a look soon.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Dutch Pinball ball, go look at http://www.nfvpinball.nl/flipperen/

It might not be up to date (some inputs are from 8 years ago), but at least gives you an idea on where to look. A lot of "coffeeshops" have machines apparantly. According to that list there a TZ, TAF, CftBL, Family Guy in places 10 minutes away from me. But meh...I don't see myself going into a bar or coffeeshop to play pinball.

Wish I'd live near their clubhouse... They have a meeting each month where its all you can play for 10 bucks..... Unfortunately its a trainride 3 hours away.

I've found this to be untrue. Some Stern tables (particularly Simpsons Pinball Party) are extremely difficult, and I rarely last more than a minute or two. However, I found a place where SPP costs only a quarter to play, so I could probably last a while on $2 there. BTW, with a dozen songs, I'm curious as to exactly how much of each song did Stern manage to fit onto their AC/DC table. Is each song played in its entirety, or did Stern shorten or loop them to save space?
We can totally forget about getting ACDC table in TPA then. They even made their Rockband addons disc only because they are paranoid about their songs being downloadable. You can't even buy their songs in itunes.

Last edited:

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
There're some cool Apps and online resources for tables nearby - especially if you're in the US.

Sorry re. abbreviations - But it makes things sooo much easier to type.

On my rolling Stones - I only noticed the LE badge above DMD when I looked at pic on here!
(Must admit I was a bit suprised when it threw a Creramic Ball out at me :)

Andy

IdontHave50cents

Mar 10, 2012
Lookee what I found Part 2!

Visiting family in Hawaii last week, I found these at Ala Moana Shopping Center in Honolulu. :D First time playing them! Loved the Iron Man. Sadly the sound wasn't working on Avatar. AND both games cost $1 to play with NO discount for buying multiple games. Boo.

45285_10150899936317726_766587725_9842592_1345522342_n.jpg

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
We can totally forget about getting ACDC table in TPA then. They even made their Rockband addons disc only because they are paranoid about their songs being downloadable. You can't even buy their songs in itunes.

I wonder if it would be possible if FarSight made a disc based Stern collection. It would be cool to see one once Stern gets more stuff in Pinball Arcade.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Dutch Pinball ball, go look at http://www.nfvpinball.nl/flipperen/

That is definitely paranoid. Itunes, Xbox Live, and PSN (well maybe not PSN) have high security protocols making it hard to get free / unauthorized downloads, but a disc is very easy - just rent it from a library or borrow it from a friend, put it in your computer, and rip it. Also, if Stern didn't use each song in their entirety (it's hard to tell, since most of their songs are 4+ minutes in length, and the song resets with every drain), then there wouldn't be much point in ripping off the songs.

Gail R Schwartz

Jun 26, 2012
Hi Dutch. How are u. ? Did they take the pinball away from u to ? Where do u live?.there us a new ac/.dc pinball in Atlantic city new jersey. Where u live. There is not to many more pinball machines around here any more. Seems to me the machine they want us to play where I live is the slot machines. Which won't do for me. Rest if tables are 30. Miles away. That's what I am saying . Hurry up farsight . We really need our pinball fix real bad. I am talking real bad. But slowly we will get our fix. I am talking real slow. I own Williams phof . So it will be real slow for me.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I found an awesome SPP near me. It only costs .25 per game, and the replay is set at 6,000,000. So far, I've played seven games and only paid for two of them.

Animator_pin_fan

Mar 4, 2012
It pains me that this is only a half mile away from the studio I work at:
http://www.pinsandneedlesla.com/machines/
but since my schedule is really crazy right now, and I've got a 4 month old daughter waiting for me at home, I've only been able to go there a few times this year. Honestly, I'd be missing out on more by not going home and spending time with the little one. But when she's a bit older, we'll definitely strap her into a carrier and see if she likes watching us play.
If you're in the Los Angeles Area, Pins and Needles is a MUST visit pinball arcade.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I live about half an hour away from Pinball Wizard Arcade in Pelham, NH, which I've heard is an amazing place to play.

But I only learned of its existence recently, and I've actually never been there; my family's complete disinterest in pinball means that it probably wouldn't be a place to go with them. I should probably haul my pinball-fan friend up there some weekend. It's also not far from where my father-in-law lives.

(Canobie Lake Park is even closer, and they've got an impressive collection of machines themselves, but, as I've mentioned here before, they don't seem to be maintaining them well these days. It's extremely sad. Some of the recent Stern machines are still playable.)

Members online

Members online