• The Addams Family

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • They're both equally good

Votes: 21 36.2%

• Total voters

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Just a fun poll, spurred on by the recent Twilight Zone discussion.

Which table takes the cake?

Two great Pat Lawlor tables from the same era. They're both amazing, but I gave the vote to TAF only because I like the theme better.....but I'd be absolutely thrilled to see either in TPA.

Last edited:

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
Twilight Zone by a mile. TAF is a great table but it isn't any better than a lot of other great tables out there. TZ is special.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
TAF for me, but that's pretty much for sentimental/nostalgia reasons - TAF was the machine I discovered real pinball on. I'm not going to turn my nose up at either table should they make it to TPA.

Draftcard

May 10, 2012
I think twilight zone is a better table, but i enjoy playing TAF more.

TAF is my favorite table, but TZ and STTNG are right up there with TAF

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I think twilight zone is a better table, but i enjoy playing TAF more.

TAF is my favorite table, but TZ and STTNG are right up there with TAF

I've played my share of TAF and TZ, but I haven't been able to play STTNG in real life yet....although, judging by the VP version, I can see why it would be up there with the best.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
A tough call for a lot of people. I've played both. TAF more because its easier to find. Its only my opinion but TAF is not a huge favorite of mine from the WPC era. Don't get me wrong. I like it but they're several others that I love. Maybe its the theme. The movies were decent. I remember seeing them in the theater. I just played a couple rounds this past weekend on two of them at a show and didn't mind walking away and giving it up for the next person.

Now TZ, for me, is special. Awesome theme, cool music, deep rules, complex playfield and the most awesome backglass ever. I love it. Too bad there wasn't one at the show.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I think I like TAF better, but I love both tables. I like this topic better than the similar messages on Facebook. "What would you rather see, Jive Time or No Fear?" lol.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Like most people, Addams Family was the machine that really got me interested in pinball, but Twilight Zone is better, no question. I only played it once irl, and didn't like it (I lost all three balls in under a minute), but after playing it on VP, I appreciate the excellent playfield design, which is loaded with things to do. It also features some of the best music and sound effects I've ever heard in a pinball machine (the "radio station" mode where you get "reception" from other Lawlor tables is particularly memorable). Conclusion: TAF is good, TZ is better.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I think I like TAF better, but I love both tables. I like this topic better than the similar messages on Facebook. "What would you rather see, Jive Time or No Fear?" lol.

Here's one vote for No Fear, which is actually a pretty good table. Not worth premium treatment, but as a standard table, I'd buy it.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
TAF for me, but that's pretty much for sentimental/nostalgia reasons - TAF was the machine I discovered real pinball on. I'm not going to turn my nose up at either table should they make it to TPA.

I guess everyone has a 'discovery' game.
Mine was HSII 'The Getaway'.
I'm in my 40s-And arcades went all SFII/MK in the early 90s and DMD pinball just APPEARED! :)

But I remember playing SS tables before too-Bally's 'Kings Of Steel' springs to mind-an 84/85 table I think.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Our local bowling alley had both tables for a while and it made for some great pinball. However, I always favoured TZ over TAF. I do see the qualities in TAF, but I never really have been able to get hooked on that table compared to some other classics like Attack from Mars or HS:II.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.