questions about SS and pro mode

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
i've never used the pro mode before, but i had a few questions about SS and its pro mode.

- does opening the coin door and changing settings clear your high score table? mine seems to have cleared itself. not a big deal, but i wasn't expecting it to happen.
- when playing SS in standard mode, when i hit the deadheads, i seem to get all the heads except sleepy head, pumpkin head and shrunken head. with pro mode turned on, i got sleepy head a few times. i've never seen it during normal play. i haven't seen pumpkin head or shrunken head at all either. what's up with that?
- elvira also seems to be more orgasmic with pro mode turned on, even though family mode is turned off in both standard and pro mode.

i wonder if any of this has to do with the whole "starting the table in a known state" thing, because turning on pro mode and opening the coin door resets the table...

thanks

Last edited:
N

netizen

i've never used the pro mode before, but i had a few questions about SS and its pro mode.

- does opening the coin door and changing settings clear your high score table? mine seems to have cleared itself. not a big deal, but i wasn't expecting it to happen.
It can depending on what pre-set you load, or if you press the reset button. Just changing something like number of balls or family mode shouldn't alter the HSTD table data.
- when playing SS in standard mode, when i hit the deadheads, i seem to get all the heads except sleepy head, pumpkin head and shrunken head. with pro mode turned on, i got sleepy head a few times. i've never seen it during normal play. i haven't seen pumpkin head or shrunken head at all either. what's up with that?
You get the extra shrunken heads and other lines with Family mode turned off
- elvira also seems to be more orgasmic with pro mode turned on, even though family mode is turned off in both standard and pro mode.
Family mode is turned on in standard mode and is turned off in factory default settings in pro mode, so you'll get different lines.

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
Family mode is turned on in standard mode and is turned off in factory default settings in pro mode, so you'll get different lines.

it is? when i turned pro mode on i could swear it was running default with the exception of free play being turned on. weird.

N

netizen

Default in pro mode is not always the same way that it is set up for the default way that TPA is set up though. Especially with re: to family mode, or the way that specials etc are awarded.

Members online

Members online