PC Beta gone Kapuuts?

enduser2941

Dec 30, 2012
Hey guys,

I was checking out the Beta today to show a friend the awesomeness of the Steam version of the game and it would seem that all the colors went gonzo! Did something change? Basically all the colors are now out of sync, the RBG is separated in Beta. Has the beta been scrapped to make way for the launch or is this a new problem? Nothing on my end has changed so I know it's not me :) Or at least it shouldn't be me :)

Just checkin!

Thanks!

enduser2941

Dec 30, 2012
My version plays just fine have you tried restarting your machine?

I have restarted twice, checked all my connections. All other games are fine. :(

I have tried checking my NVIDIA drivers, but they have not changed since last time I played and everything was fine then. I will say, I have had a number of issues with the PC Beta version. The biggest issue is that every so often the game fails completely with a Steam Application Error 80, and I have to delete all local content and reinstall the game fresh. I fear I may have to try that as well for this issue. I don't know what is causing that issue same as this issue. I don't know if these are related or not, but I'm going to have to try I think. I wish I knew what was causing the other issue. This is what worries me because I can not tell if these problems are mine or the games, worse is, if they are mine, I can't tell what would be causing them, if it's the game, then the problems could be with very specific installations.

:( Sad face!

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Very strange. I haven't heard of this happening to anyone else, so it appears to be an isolated issue with your PC, or perhaps your Steam installation.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Defective RAM can cause all sorts of problems, like file corruption...
Check your BIOS and driver settings, don't overclock any component of your system.
Stability is more important than performance.
Do you install games on a SSD or HDD? Anyway, try a different device...

enduser2941

Dec 30, 2012
Defective RAM can cause all sorts of problems, like file corruption...
Check your BIOS and driver settings, don't overclock any component of your system.
Stability is more important than performance.
Do you install games on a SSD or HDD? Anyway, try a different device...

Not defective RAM.. New Laptop, Verified all components are working properly. All Steam and other games run fine.

No Overclocking. Everything is set to defaults.

No SSD on this laptop. Only 1 HDD. Again, everything else runs fines. I will try removing the game and reinstalling as I usually have to do with the Application 80 errors.

enduser2941

Dec 30, 2012
Reinstalled and it's now working. I do not quite get this. I am bothered by the fact that this game and only this game seems to keep getting corrupt while all other Steam and other games have no problems what so ever. It really makes no sense. :(

enduser2941

Dec 30, 2012
No, lots of problems with the Beta, zero problems with the PC. It's a brand new Azus G750 with a GeForce GTX765M 8GB RAM and a 1TB HDD. I have not had one problem with this machine since day one. The Beta keeps giving me the Steam Application 80 errors. Then I have to delete all local content and reinstall. Problem goes away. Same here with weird issue. Deleted local content, reinstalled the game and all back to normal.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts