Android - Bug Android VER 1.0.6 Bugs

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
General:

1. I noticed than turning off the HUD only works for your current game. When you start a new game (same table) the HUD is back on.
2. The art on the left side of the table back boxes is still backwards.
3. In the menu none of the launch tables have glass but all of the DLC ones do.

Funhouse:

1. With the camera locked I noticed that the camera moves for a second when the ball passes through the area with the blue, red and white lights on middle right section of the table. I assume the table is attempting to change back to plunger view.

Medieval Madness:

1. The rear flashers still don't work
2. The open drawbridge still has no texture (black)

Bride of Pinbot:

1. The green light (large wheel) still says 10 Billion but it should be 10 Million
2. The scores are still out of sequence.

Last edited:

Snatcher42

Apr 8, 2012
The camera angles are mislabeled in the options menu. They're listed as:

1 -medium
2-high
3-low
4-top down

But in reality, at least on Cirqus Voltaire, they are:

1-medium
2-high
3-top down
4-low

bossyman15

Feb 28, 2012
not really a bug but the HUD for Cirqus Voltaire should be off by default.

EDIT: In Funhouse, I shot in Rudy's mouth but the camera didn't go back to plunger view but I was able to just drag down the right side of screen and the ball shoot up.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
All tables are lagging a bit after I updated to 1.0.6 on my HTC EVO 3D with the exception of BH, TOTAN and TOM. As I mentioned before, I never had any lag issues on any table until I started having problems with Ripley's when I updated to 1.0.5. Also, the weird intermittent sound when the magnets on the tables are activated is still present. On a side note, the mechanical sound lag I had been experiencing since launch is finally gone. Thanks FarSight.

dyleck

Feb 28, 2012
Funhouse is working teriibbly when HUD is on. The framerate drops significantly and reduces fun very significantly. When I turn hud off game works very smoothly but when I turn it back on again problem reappears.

N

Nik Barbour

Had a bit of a play now, and I'm getting most of the problems described above by others.

Running gingerbread 2.3.7 1ghz processor 1gb internal memory.

To summarise:- I've got lag issues on all the tables (worst is still BOP) since change to 1.0.6.

This lag wasn't present in all but BOP in 1.0.5.
BOP had issues before but HUD on and off fixed this previously, now this fix no longer works, and can only play BOP with HUD off.

The move data to SD card option isnt working still (got 200mb of data sat at 'data/data/com.farsight')

The new tables seem pretty choppy also.

On the positive, I like the new plunger cam, multiball cam off option (although it does still twitch), and new camera angle!

I've got Titanium backup, and am quite tempted to go back to version 1.0.5 and the previous table data until this is sorted (quick prayer and look heavenwards), its a shame but 1.0.6 is just not fun on my phone.

Last edited:

bossyman15

Feb 28, 2012
BUG: In Cirqus Voltaire I went halfway up the HighWire ramp then back out and it registered as ball lock even tho I never went all the way to the platform.
BUG2: In Cirqus Voltaire I locked first ball for Juggler and the camera will not go back to the plunger and I had to end the game.

EDIT: I would like to add that I tested all the tables all Expect FunHouse has no low FPS issue expect for few table during first few seconds but the FPS increases to normal. Only MM table has FPS issue but is fixed by turning HUD off and on.

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

It would be good to hear Farsight's (Ryan's) comments on these new performance issues.

Are they going to be addressed - or is TPA going to be for high performance devices going forwards.
I'll be sad if it's the latter!

Also unless the 'move data to SD card option' is fixed, I'm going to be out of room in about 6 tables time.

EDIT:- Just been playing with overclock on my cpu - and I would definitely say all performance issues I'm seeing stem from the HUD.
I get exactly the same performance at 1ghz and 1.5ghz, this is.....

HUD on choppy on all tables to differing degrees.
HUD off smooth as silk even at 1ghz on BOP.

I think performance improvements are present in the tables, because BOP did not play smoothly at 1ghz in 1.0.5 where as it does now in 1.0.6, but HUD on just spoils everything.
(Just to be clear, HUD on HUD off no longer works as a fix as it did in 1.0.5 - to play now, the HUD has to be off permanently).

Also CV definitely has floaty physics even with HUD off (as pointed out by PinWiz in another thread) not to steal his credit. EDIT - this issue is not android specific.

2nd EDIT:- Found another bug, not something I do very often, but tried rotating to landscape play, and now I just get black screen until you press a button, then the app force closes.

Hope this can all be sorted - Good Luck Ryan!

Last edited:

dyleck

Feb 28, 2012
I think performance improvements are present in the tables, because BOP did not play smoothly at 1ghz in 1.0.5 where as it does now in 1.0.6, but HUD on just spoils everything.
(Just to be clear, HUD on HUD off no longer works as a fix as it did in 1.0.5 - to play now, the HUD has to be off permanently).

I believe I've found a solution which makes the situation quite normal again.

1. Start the table and then start the game.
2. Pause the game and toogle HUD off and then immediately on.
3. Go to Options and do a full cycle of Nudge settings (in my case: touchscreen->Shake->Off->touchscreen)
4. Enjoy

Works 100% on my SGS2 but I do not have stock ROM. Please test on your devices and report if it works for you.

N

Nik Barbour

3. Go to Options and do a full cycle of Nudge settings (in my case: touchscreen->Shake->Off->touchscreen)
4. Enjoy

Works 100% on my SGS2 but I do not have stock ROM. Please test on your devices and report if it works for you.

Hey Dyleck - nice work.

This dosn't work for me though:(, but I'm not stock rom either(currently CM7.2-RC1).
Tried it on BOP, MM & FH
Glad it works for you though!

Wonder if it works for the other guys posted on this thread?

dyleck

Feb 28, 2012
This dosn't work for me though, but I'm not stock rom either(currently CM7.2-RC1)

I've forgotten to mention - sometimes it helps when you do this procedure when the ball is in movement. Just fire it up with max plunger power, then pause and try. I hope it will work.

N

Nik Barbour

I've forgotten to mention - sometimes it helps when you do this procedure when the ball is in movement. Just fire it up with max plunger power, then pause and try. I hope it will work.

It's like a masonic handshake getting this running...
If the moons in it's 3rd phase and you have your left trouser leg rolled up,
when you hop on your right foot whilst humming 'god save the queen' it should work.

Gonna wait to see Farsight's comments but can't say I'm pleased!

sendll

Apr 10, 2012
Hi,

After a few play sessions with the new version I can confirm I have the same problems as the others.
Too much lag with this new version whike I didn't have any with 1.0.5 (not even on BoP).
This version isn't much fun to play sadly even if I like the new tables and the new camera angles.
Hope we can get a fix pretty soon since instead of major performance improvments we got the opposite.
Ryan, do you have a clue of what the problem might be?
Btw, I have a galaxy note with stock rooted 2.3.6 rom.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012

4. Enjoy

Will try this, although the whole "cycle thing" could be coincidence... On 1.0.5 I never had to turn the hud off/on either. All it took to improve performance was to go the the options menu briefly after having started a table. But I will try a few things on Funhouse, now that there *is* a chance of improving somehow...

EDIT: Sadly it does not work on Funhouse (which is the table with the biggest performance issues!) Ball movement can be smoother for a moment but then (randomly?) goes back to stutter-fest... Furthermore: all the other tables also start out with bad framerate as of this version. But there I can at least do the "go to pause menu"-fix. This fix does not work for FH and no longer for BoP (which was still fixable in 1.0.5)

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

Hi sendll by the way! Not seen you post before - welcome to the boards.

It would be good if everyone that has a problem with the 1.0.6 update could post so we can get a feel for how many are affected by this.
I suspect there are a lot not commenting.

Snatcher42

Apr 8, 2012
Well I only have BOP, Funhouse, and CV downloaded right now. CV runs fine, but yeah I need to turn the HUD off to make BOP and Funhouse playable. BOP was fine before the update for me. Xperia Play.

dyleck

Feb 28, 2012
EDIT: Sadly it does not work on Funhouse (which is the table with the biggest performance issues!) Ball movement can be smoother for a moment but then (randomly?) goes back to stutter-fest... Furthermore: all the other tables also start out with bad framerate as of this version. But there I can at least do the "go to pause menu"-fix. This fix does not work for FH and no longer for BoP (which was still fixable in 1.0.5)

Unfortunately you are right. Aftery playing a little longer I came to exactly the same conclusion. And I hate the dark DMD - it made this whole thing really hard to read.

Nik Barbour said:
Gonna wait to see Farsight's comments but can't say I'm pleased!

Me too, but honestly I don't expect to hear anything meanfull. Most likely it will be "we are working on it". :)

N

Nik Barbour

I'd settle for "we are working on it" at least they would have acknowledged a major problem. - its the silence I don't appreciate.

I thought I'd cracked it for a little while.
I have Titanium backup, which basically allows you to snapshot apps & app data at different versions or timelines from your phones memory.
So being an Engineer (and therefore a born fiddler) I decided to restore the 1.0.5 table data to the 1.0.6 app. It didn't work as it just kept saying "new table data is available - press continue to download" and you couldn't skip the new download as I thought you might be able to.

So I put the 1.0.6 table data back into the 1.0.6 app via Titanium to have a further fiddle.
Fired up TPA and - WOW everything was working perfectly including FH & BOP with the HUD on, all tables with no funny button presses running at 1ghz on my single core phone, at perfect speeds with no lag.
I was about to post it but thought I'd better do a bit more testing!
Tried a re-boot, still worked......
But.....played for about a 1/2 hour on various tables and the lag has crept back in on all tables again.
Why did it briefly work perfectly and not now?

1.0.4 had 4 out of 4 perfect working tables. (listed forum bugs aside)
1.0.5 had 4 out of 6 perfect tables with 2 playable with glitches (troll boms missing & BOP HUD issues & eye magnets, & scoreboard)
1.0.6 has about 2 tables I can play with HUD and the others are un-playable

Take a month (or two) from releasing DLC and get some of these bugs fixed please, in my opinion.

dyleck

Feb 28, 2012
So being an Engineer (and therefore a born fiddler)

That's what i thought. Me too. :)

But.....played for about a 1/2 hour on various tables and the lag has crept back in on all tables again.
Why did it briefly work perfectly and not now?

Maybe CPU got hot and thus lost on performance. That is the only thing that comes to my mind.

I am trying to experiment with CPU/IO governors. So far I can see that "lulzactive" governor gives much better performance then "ondemand" and (!) "performance" one. But still a lot has to be done and currently I am a little time limited.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts