Zaccaria Pinball - Star God (1980) Bugs & Feedback

night

May 18, 2012
Top playfield kickers are not working!

stargod.jpg

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Ok. That makes sense. When the ball was up in the top part of the playfield, it didn't do much as it stands right now.

Vyrastas

Mar 26, 2013
Top playfield kickers are not working!

I was wondering how in the world you completed the rollovers in a single ball... I too just assumed the table was brutal as hell in real life.

I wish they'd fix some of the physics in general though... backhands don't work at all and the ball seems overly bouncy at times.

Last edited:

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
I wish they'd fix some of the physics in general though... backhands don't work at all and the ball seems overly bouncy at times.

I think they are doing exceptionally well in the physics department. With some practice backhands work quite well, and the simulation as a whole is at least physically consistent.

But I agree on the bouncyness, especially regarding the flippers.
They seem to have included a weak holding solenoid in their flipper model, which could be a little toned down. (The solenoid kick-back bounce should only occur when the ball hits really hard)

night

May 18, 2012
I think they are doing exceptionally well in the physics department. With some practice backhands work quite well, and the simulation as a whole is at least physically consistent.

They seem to have included a weak holding solenoid in their flipper model, which could be a little toned down. (The solenoid kick-back bounce should only occur when the ball hits really hard)

I think that the rubber bounce is on the weak side if you compare it with TPA, which is perhaps the other way around. I have set rubber bounche to it's highest setting in the menu but I still find the tables to be a little too stiff. Especially when you switch playing between Zaccaria and TPA.

BTW: I hope our comments and bugs are read by Zsolt, with so little communication from ASK's side I hope we are not talking to ourselves... Star God has some serious issues and it makes little sence to play it the way it is now.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
The ball feels way too heavy.
A full plunge should send the ball to the top roll overs.
Spinners should be lit right from the start of the game, not only after hitting a slingshot first.
Rubber behind Multiplier drop down targets should be one piece, not two separate ones.
Right side of the apron has a misaligned texture. It chould have a white area at the top as the left side has.

The real machine has a CPU that is to slow to count a good spin (30-40 revs) in real time, so the score goes up and the sound effects still play, while the spinner has come to a complete stop for about 3-4 seconds.

This table was my starter drug a year ago... :)

luvthatapex

Apr 24, 2013
Excellent job on the game and graphics. As I mentioned before this is my favorite gen1 game and it looks just great.

I agree with other posters. The 2 slings mentioned in the top section are absolutely essential in this game to get the drop targets down and help the upper play.
When I had the game, a full plunge always made it to the top rollovers. It was such a smooth shot and with a little nudge I could sometimes pick the lane.

Vyrastas

Mar 26, 2013

Maybe they work differently on Zac pins (I've never played one in real life), or maybe it's just me, but I cannot do backhands in this game the way you would on a real table. It always moves as if I had hit it off the bottom half of the flipper.

BTW: I hope our comments and bugs are read by Zsolt, with so little communication from ASK's side I hope we are not talking to ourselves... Star God has some serious issues and it makes little sence to play it the way it is now.

Agreed... I have the same feeling now that I get when I find a new table in the wild, I'm all excited to play it and put my money in... only to realize something on the table is broken, making it a waste of time.

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
Maybe they work differently on Zac pins (I've never played one in real life), or maybe it's just me, but I cannot do backhands in this game the way you would on a real table. It always moves as if I had hit it off the bottom half of the flipper.
It's not as easy as on a real table, but in principle it works:

(To be honest, it took a few minutes to get it right, and sorry for the bad lighting.;))

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I don't think you should have to resort to that method to make a backhand shot. This has been a flipper or physics issue for several months now. It really need to be fixed.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013

Agreed... I have the same feeling now that I get when I find a new table in the wild, I'm all excited to play it and put my money in... only to realize something on the table is broken, making it a waste of time.
in the real world any decent arcade operator would put tape and and out of order sign over the coin slot. At least in days gone by they did.

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
in the real world any decent arcade operator would put tape and and out of order sign over the coin slot. At least in days gone by they did.

...and the mischief makers would move the tape and sign to a fully functioning machine just to mess with the operator. :p

(been there, done that (from both sides)) :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.