Force redownload MM table?

bossyman15

Feb 28, 2012
I was downloading updated MM table but download got interpreted because of low memory and now the table will not download and just go into game menu. So how do I force the game to recheck for new table version?

Of course I don't know if it did finish downloading or not.

What was updated in new version so I can check and see if its there in my MM table?

N

Nik Barbour

Hey bossyman15!
If the table data was still from the previous revision, you'd get the screen "new table data is available - press to continue download" or something like when you pressed start on the MM table.
I've deleted my table data a couple of times to try to get round other issues, so I know this bit works.

If you want to check file dates, the table data is sat at... data/data/com.farsight.AndroidPinball.javaProject/files/(this is where table folders are) so you could check the date of the folder and see if its recent. (i'm rooted so have access to all files - un-rooted devices may not be able to see these folders).

The changes from 1.0.5 were the camera angles and Dot matrix Display, but I dont know if these changes were made in the core app or the table data so couldn't comment how you could visually check in game.

I'd say unless you get the 'new table data is available' message, that you're up to date though.
Hope this helps!

EDIT:-Sorry - didn't read your question clearly, are you saying you can't get the MM table to play, or, are just unsure if its up to date but it does play.
if it does play read above the edit, if it dosn't play read below.

To force the app to redownload the MM table data you could delete the relevant folder at...
data/data/com.farsight.AndroidPinball.javaProject/files/(this is where table folders are) but as above, I think you might require root access to see these files.

If not rooted, you can go into your applications manager, find & press 'pinball arcade', press 'delete data' and this will remove all the tables data and highscores (warning:- this is ALL the table data for every table, not just MM and highscores cannot be preserved), so that when you next start the app it will attempt to download the table data again for each table.

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Yes the camera data is in the Table file itself. But both the core app and the assets had to change to make these work.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.