Too easy?

May 11, 2012
I've never played this game in my life & on my second play I joined the circus, unmasked the voltaire & was 1step away from finishing it. I never even read the rules. I was just trying it out for a little right after the download

And I'm no expert believe me. I see some scores that are wayyyy unreachable for me.

On the plus side......my 12yr old daughter got multiball & was so thrilled that she just may've been converted

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I had the same thing happen on ToTAN

I just flipped around randomly and hit some amazing scores...read the rules and had the hardest time...

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Cirqus Voltaire presents roughly the same difficulty as Theatre of Magic...which is to say, not all that much compared to some other tables. But it's still a very fun table.

Those scores that you say are unreachable might be closer than you think. The final step of the wizard mode is a four-ball Party Multiball which among other things lights the ramp for 1M, loops for 1M, Ringmaster for 1M, and all three jet bumpers for the current "Boom!" value (depending on your game, usually 200K-400K). It is quite possible to double your score with a good Party.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Cirqus Voltaire presents roughly the same difficulty as Theatre of Magic...which is to say, not all that much compared to some other tables. But it's still a very fun table.
Both of these tables consistently score in the top 10-20 on both Pinside and the ipdb, where they join company with other "easy" tables like Monster Bash, Scared Stiff, and Whitewater. While a few tough tables, such as TAF, TZ, Simpsons PP, and STTNG are top ranked, the easy to mid tables are far more plentiful.

GDW

Mar 17, 2012
Yep, same thing happened to me. Second time i played it I went to the circus...it was really good, but it was way too easy. I'm happy to finish a table...so I can go back to MM and continue doing my head in.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
"finish a table" heh.. Once I beat the wizard mode the fun just begins for me, but maybe Im just an old fashioned hiscore junkie. The good/depressing part about pinball for me is the fact you can beat a table as much as you can beat pacman

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
"finish a table" heh.. Once I beat the wizard mode the fun just begins for me, but maybe Im just an old fashioned hiscore junkie. The good/depressing part about pinball for me is the fact you can beat a table as much as you can beat pacman

Pac-Man CAN be beaten. Just make it through 255 mazes, and you've reached the kill screen (the infamous "split screen") and "beaten" the game, since it is impossible to pass that screen. 3,333,360 is also the highest score possible, and if you achieve it without dying, you score a perfect game, a feat which 6 people have accomplished already.

Extrema22

Feb 25, 2012
Yeah it doesn't seem that difficult but man am I having a great time with this! I've never played this machine before so I love all the surprises, fantastic dmd animation, very funny moments! The only thing that might become annoying over time is the main music ;)

Dodd

Apr 23, 2012
It seems after the newest IOS update they have made Cirqus Voltaire ball drain very easily on the side lanes. I really liked this table a lot but wish I had the ability to move those side posts up some so is not so difficult.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
This table isn't going to get much play from me unless they make the outlanes friendlier, I pretty much hate the table now. Its one thing watching tentatively waiting to nudge the ball back into play off the outlane post but when balls just fly down there 100 mph theres no saving it. That right outlane may as well have the whole corner of the table missing.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
If the table is that much of a bastard in real life then I'm all or it being a bastard in a recreation! I don't play MM anymore until the flipper gap has been sorted because I feel that it makes the table unfair.

If the real table is a drain-monkey then I believe the recreation should be as near to the real thing as possible :)

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
If the real table is a drain-monkey then I believe the recreation should be as near to the real thing as possible :)
It's not - the real CV is actually fairly mild-mannered - but the outlane areas on this table are unique and the type of nudging you have to do to save the ball (diagonally upward) is very difficult to do on a touchscreen with the current nudging controls.

When (if!) CV ever makes it out on the 360, I'll have the analog stick for nudging and I'll know right away if the outlanes are acting properly or not.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
The left outlane isn't helped any by the menagerie ball being so hyperactive and seemingly accelerating your ball when it hits it.

I think the outlanes are generally about right, or at least accurate with the original table. It's just the slightly weird physics making nudging mostly impossible at the moment.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I agree with Serenseven. CV is not such an outlane drain monster in real life. My opinion is that it didn't drain enough in the first ios release and, now, it drains too much after the latest update. I think they need to find a middle ground between the two.

mbob

Jun 15, 2012
dtown - I was coming here to make my first post and say exactly what you said. I played the real CV for a year almost every day at my works break room. Farsights first table was too easy but the current version drains too often on the outlanes. They need to fix this and find a middle ground.

Dodd

Apr 23, 2012
I wish you guys would not have complained about this table being too easy because now since Farsight has updated this App, the ball drains the majority of the time when it heads toward the outlane. This was my favorite table, but now am just pissed off when I play it. Please Farsight Studios, put this table back the way it was before were the ball does not drain in the outlane so much!

Last edited:

Mudfinger

Jun 6, 2012
I agree CV has been over -corrected. A happy medium between the 2 extremes , Please !

However using nudge conservatively helps

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts