Trophy Confirmation for PS4?

Startyde

Nov 1, 2012
Before everyone harps on the "who cares about trophies" discussion, which is valid, it is a curious issue.

Many PS3 games share a trophy list with their Vita Counterpart. PA is different in that there are two lists.

Moreover, the PS3 and Vita Versions of PA have run out of trophy space. Will the PS4 version share the same list, or will it have it's own with perhaps even more trophy space for future tables?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Before everyone harps on the "who cares about trophies" discussion, which is valid, it is a curious issue.

Many PS3 games share a trophy list with their Vita Counterpart. PA is different in that there are two lists.

Moreover, the PS3 and Vita Versions of PA have run out of trophy space. Will the PS4 version share the same list, or will it have it's own with perhaps even more trophy space for future tables?

Probably an answer we won't have until after the PS4 is released.

SNKAllen

Jul 7, 2012
I would like to see one trophy per table. That way if there is a limit on the PS4 it would take a long time to get there.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
I read somewhere that its a different list, as they are going to be much more careful about how they allocate the trophies so they do not hit the limit as quickly.

MarkItZeroSmoky

May 26, 2013

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I don't know how PlayStation achievements work, but I would hope since Farsight is starting fresh, they future proof this time and make it so each and every table now and going forward has an achievement attatched to it.

Then you can make the final achievement when it's all said and done to be "Finished every tables wizard goals" or something like that, and make it worth the remaining point value.

Since we're expecting close to, what, 100 tables when it's all said and done, have each table worth 10 gamerscore, or what have you.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I don't know how PlayStation achievements work, but I would hope since Farsight is starting fresh, they future proof this time and make it so each and every table now and going forward has an achievement attatched to it.

Then you can make the final achievement when it's all said and done to be "Finished every tables wizard goals" or something like that, and make it worth the remaining point value.

Since we're expecting close to, what, 100 tables when it's all said and done, have each table worth 10 gamerscore, or what have you.

The way achievements work on PSN is that there are no achievements on the PSN! :D PSN has trophies.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I don't know how PlayStation achievements work...

They work the same way that XBL trophies work of course.. :p

Sorry, couldn't help myself. I do agree with the basic premise of your post though. There really only needs to be one trophy/achievement for each table for completing the wizard goals. If they want to have a few easy non-table-specific trophies tied to the base game so 'everyone' can get them that would make sense. I mean having one trophy for getting the highest local score on any table and one for completing standard goals on any table makes sense, they just don't need to have them for every table.

Last edited:

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
Love to see some special trophies non game specific, such as play for one hour on one ball, complete all wizard achievements for a season pack, maybe a trophy for tournaments (winning a tournament) etc.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Why do you think? We've been complaining about the limits and wanting to make them a little bit more, well, difficult to get, and it looks like you can still earn a few with your eyes closed and pressing the flippers like crazy!
Surely each table should have two, one for wizard goals, one for basic goals. And they odd surprise thrown in.

Vorlon

Oct 1, 2012
I really like the current trophy system. Maybe a solution could be to make separate titles for each season pack?

MarkItZeroSmoky

May 26, 2013
Well here it is, boys and girls... the trophy list for season one. Other than the way the 4 core/original tables are split up (Totan is "base game" & ToM, BH & RBION are dlc pack 0, which is weird) it's the same exact list. Oh, ToM, BH & RBION master trophies are now bronzes, but every other tables' master t is a silver. Which, unless Sony has changed the alloted trophy value limit, doesn't leave much room for additional trophies. *sigh* we might run out of trophies again :(

Read it and weep fellow pinball trophy lovers: http://psntrophyleaders.com/game/view/pinball-arcade-ps4

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Well here it is, boys and girls... the trophy list for season one. Other than the way the 4 core/original tables are split up (Totan is "base game" & ToM, BH & RBION are dlc pack 0, which is weird) it's the same exact list. Oh, ToM, BH & RBION master trophies are now bronzes, but every other tables' master t is a silver. Which, unless Sony has changed the alloted trophy value limit, doesn't leave much room for additional trophies. *sigh* we might run out of trophies again :(

Read it and weep fellow pinball trophy lovers: http://psntrophyleaders.com/game/view/pinball-arcade-ps4

Welp...I'm happy about this. What about you, Mark? :D Also I don't think there's a cap this time on the trophies here like the PS3 version.

Dinosaur Toy

Sep 10, 2012
Welp...I'm happy about this. What about you, Mark? :D Also I don't think there's a cap this time on the trophies here like the PS3 version.

I could be wrong, but seem to recall reading months ago that there's no hard cap on trophies for PS4 games. Because Sony is trying to make the platform friendly towards F2P and subscription MMORPG clients - and those games get trophies / achievements added continually, and easily have 500-1000 of them at any given time.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Something curious I spotted the other day - I bought Kingdom Hearts 1.5, which is essentially a HD remake of three (well, two really) KH games. When I loaded it up I noticed it created three trophy folders for each separate game. Despite all three games being part of the same "application", and disc. I don't know the logic behind this, but perhaps FS could argue that their seasons are separate packages? Have three trophy folders, one for each season? I don't know what flies with Sony and what doesn't, but I did think it was strange that KH was allowed to break the rules, especially with the third game isn't even a game at all - just a selection of cutscenes - and has its own trophy folder (I believe you need to watch the cutscenes to get the trophy... easiest trophies ever). If FS could somehow argue that the content in their seasons is a separate package worthy of its own trophy space (which it really should be as it's designed from the start as a platform which will be continually added to), then maybe Sony will cave?

Just speculation on my part, I don't know what the rules are exactly, but it is an interesting contradiction I found.

Dinosaur Toy

Sep 10, 2012
Something curious I spotted the other day - I bought Kingdom Hearts 1.5, which is essentially a HD remake of three (well, two really) KH games. When I loaded it up I noticed it created three trophy folders for each separate game. Despite all three games being part of the same "application", and disc. I don't know the logic behind this, but perhaps FS could argue that their seasons are separate packages? Have three trophy folders, one for each season? I don't know what flies with Sony and what doesn't, but I did think it was strange that KH was allowed to break the rules, especially with the third game isn't even a game at all - just a selection of cutscenes - and has its own trophy folder (I believe you need to watch the cutscenes to get the trophy... easiest trophies ever). If FS could somehow argue that the content in their seasons is a separate package worthy of its own trophy space (which it really should be as it's designed from the start as a platform which will be continually added to), then maybe Sony will cave?

Just speculation on my part, I don't know what the rules are exactly, but it is an interesting contradiction I found.

For a while now, Sony has allowed "collection" games to treat each game on the disc as a separate game. Jak & Daxter, God of War, Ratchet & Clank and more. Each title in its set may have a separate set of retail trophies, up to the maximum number for an individual game. Unfortunately, I suspect Sony would see Pinball Arcade's table packs as DLC expansions, not separate games. Other games have gotten major DLC expansions, but those expansions have not entitled them to the same number of trophies as the parent game title.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
For a while now, Sony has allowed "collection" games to treat each game on the disc as a separate game. Jak & Daxter, God of War, Ratchet & Clank and more. Each title in its set may have a separate set of retail trophies, up to the maximum number for an individual game. Unfortunately, I suspect Sony would see Pinball Arcade's table packs as DLC expansions, not separate games. Other games have gotten major DLC expansions, but those expansions have not entitled them to the same number of trophies as the parent game title.

That's a shame because TPA is a "collection" by definition! Oh well, never really missed them that much.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts