Jersey Jack Pinball

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Any thoughts or feelings on this? I think that they definitely have some high quality ideas and the actual pieces they've shown look very impressive. I am just completely turned off by Wizard of Oz as a theme. I won't argue that there is a lot you can do with it, just never cared for the movie or the book. Definitely looking forward to table #2 which I heard will not be a licensed property.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I'm just glad they're making machines. The OZ theme doesn't bother me as long as the layout and everything is tight. I'll play pretty much any theme if the design is solid. It'll certainly be interesting to see what they have in store for the future.

Last edited:

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
I like the wizard of Oz theme. However I probably would have preferred hand drawn art over images from the films. I will reserve final judgement until I get a chance to see the final product.

Anim8ormatt

Feb 28, 2012
I like the wizard of Oz theme. However I probably would have preferred hand drawn art over images from the films. I will reserve final judgement until I get a chance to see the final product.

It's actually all hand painted art. So they claim.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I hope they success. we need more pinball companies then just Stern.

I wish some company would come along and continue the Bally/Williams legacy. I wouldn't mind seeing the table re-runs that never got a chance to go in production, especially after the years of that Australian company getting hopes up. Plus I have always wondered if certain series could have gotten another entry or even a sequel, how would it have gone. I'm sure there's a bunch of unreleased concepts out there as well. The possibilities are probably infinite. Of course fresh blood is good too so another company will hopefully have a positive impact on the rejuvenation of pinball.

Danzig

Mar 1, 2012
I have lots of respect for Stern, but Jersey Jack is proving Stern wrong in so many ways and is going to succeed big time. Wizard of Oz is a theme that works well with pinball and is a timeless classic, wether you really like the movie or not. All the pics of Wizard of Oz so far look amazing. I'm so happy that a few other small companies are making pins now, I think it's long overdue for a business that was "supposedly" dead.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I have lots of respect for Stern, but Jersey Jack is proving Stern wrong in so many ways and is going to succeed big time. Wizard of Oz is a theme that works well with pinball and is a timeless classic, wether you really like the movie or not. All the pics of Wizard of Oz so far look amazing. I'm so happy that a few other small companies are making pins now, I think it's long overdue for a business that was "supposedly" dead.

I hope FarSight will consider licensing Jersey Jack Pinball tables sometime in the future.

Danzig

Mar 1, 2012
I hope FarSight will consider licensing Jersey Jack Pinball tables sometime in the future.

Absolutely,,,,,,,,,,,,, and it would be great to see the other small companies get their tables licesed and recreated in The Pinball Arcade as well.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I met Jack at the Southern pinball show in Orlando Florida, and asked him about having his games someday on Farsights The Pinball Arcade. "He said I would be happy to do that down the road once i have 4 or 5 pinball machines and everything goes well, it would probably help my business better to" so who knows what's going to happen in the future. Though with the wizard of oz, i wouldn't expect it on The Pinball Arcade for at least 3 years from know. But i see Stern's S.A.M. games coming in about a year, you know games like Family Guy, Spiderman, Batman, Wheel of fortune, Big Buck Hunter Pro, and many others. So this program is going to be awsome know and many, many years down the road. I just don't know how i'm going to have enough memory for all these Pinball tables.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I met Jack at the Southern pinball show in Orlando Florida, and asked him about having his games someday on Farsights The Pinball Arcade. "He said I would be happy to do that down the road once i have 4 or 5 pinball machines and everything goes well, it would probably help my business better to" so who knows what's going to happen in the future. Though with the wizard of oz, i wouldn't expect it on The Pinball Arcade for at least 3 years from know. But i see Stern's S.A.M. games coming in about a year, you know games like Family Guy, Spiderman, Batman, Wheel of fortune, Big Buck Hunter Pro, and many others. So this program is going to be awsome know and many, many years down the road. I just don't know how i'm going to have enough memory for all these Pinball tables.

It's good to know that Jack and his company are open to the idea of licensing their tables to FarSight in the future. I'm sure that once everyone sees the success of TPA, FarSight will have no problem licensing tables from other companies in the future if they choose to do so.

unclewilly

Feb 20, 2012
It would be a hard one for tpa with the lcd backglass with all the video animations.
There are getting one at the Baltimore pinball museum as soon as they start distributing.

I don't know about Sam stern tables. I know Gary stern doesn't allow the emulation of the Rom on pinmame until the change their Rom systems. They also won't allow vp recreation of their new tables till 3 years past the initial production run.

I think he believes digital versions of his new tables will effect sales

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
It would be a hard one for tpa with the lcd backglass with all the video animations.
There are getting one at the Baltimore pinball museum as soon as they start distributing.

I don't know about Sam stern tables. I know Gary stern doesn't allow the emulation of the Rom on pinmame until the change their Rom systems. They also won't allow vp recreation of their new tables till 3 years past the initial production run.

I think he believes digital versions of his new tables will effect sales

The difference here is that FarSight has aquired the rights from Stern to reproduce their tables (including the one's running on the S.A.M. system) which means Stern will be making money off the reproduction of their tables on TPA. The creators of VP/Pinmame have not paid for the rights to reproduce tables, therefore Stern does not make any money off the reproductions and in turn will not allow the creation or emulation of their newer tables on the software.

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I still imagine there will be an amount of lag time between initial physical table release and any reproductions. Obviously Farsight would need a few months to take apart and reproduce the table digitally and create all the programming and I doubt they'd have much access, if any, until after the table is officially released. I think digital format could be a nice compliment to promote awareness and even sales of the real tables so maybe they can experiment in the releases. Whether they do a quick digital release or not, there are plenty of tables available to recreate.

unclewilly

Feb 20, 2012
Well i have seen the Sam tables running in pinmame on an ultrapin. So as soon as they change the Rom system im sure you will be seeing them on vp. I believe acdc is the last table that will be using the Sam system.
I wouldn't be surprised if you see a world poker tour on vp by the end of the year

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Well i have seen the Sam tables running in pinmame on an ultrapin. So as soon as they change the Rom system im sure you will be seeing them on vp. I believe acdc is the last table that will be using the Sam system.
I wouldn't be surprised if you see a world poker tour on vp by the end of the year

That's good to hear...looks like a slew a newer tables are heading to VPM soon and I personally can't wait to see and play them.

PinMike8666

Feb 20, 2012
This looks to be a really promising table. Jersey Jack could very well be a legit rival for Stern, which can only be good for the market.

As for an emulation on this table via The Pinball Arcade, the only platform I could see fit being emulated on is the Wii U, due to the tablet controller. Besides, Jersey Jack would most likely decline the offer until around 4-5 years after its been released for business reasons.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts