Bug PC Version 1.19.6 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
This thread is for posting bugs for the PC version 1.19.6 ONLY (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed). If you want to post general feedback or comments, then please use THIS THREAD instead. Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Bug report template
You must be able to reproduce a bug more than once before reporting.
And make sure to reproduce it yourself more than 10 times to accurately calculate the frequency.

Title Bug: Begin the title with one of the following: Crash, Art, Display, Performance, Physics, or General. Then state where the bug occurs, followed by a brief description. Ex: “General – Scared Stiff: Ball goes through Crate at high velocity”
OS Version: Windows 7
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GT 555m
Ram: 8GB
Version #(Bottom right of game screen):
Display Mode: “Windowed/Full Screen”
Display Resolution: “640x480, 800x600, 1024x768”

Frequency of Occurrence: “60% of the time” , “Every ball that enters the crate”

Expected Result: “During 'Crate Multiball' ball enters the crate and is launched back into play from the right”
Actual Result:”Entering the crate at maximum velocity causes the ball to fly through the crate into the deadheads”

Comment: Please be descriptive. Explain the steps taken to produce the bug and explain exactly what happened as a result.

In cases where it crashes before the main menu:
Contents of Log.txt, and possibly the contents of MemLog.txt (only if we request it)
Both of those files will be in the Pinball Arcade installation folder within steam.

\SteamApps\common\PinballArcade Under the steam installation

For most people that is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\PinballArcade

Please also remember to email any bugs you find to support@pinballarcade.com

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Title Bug: Flight 2000 standard goal "Score at least 750,000 points" awarded for less

Graphics Card: Radeon 7870
Ram: 16GB
Version #(Bottom right of game screen): 1.19.1
Display Mode: “Full Screen”
Display Resolution: “1920x1200"

Frequency of Occurrence: Unknown (at least once)

Comment: After my third game of Flight 2000 I found that I was awarded the "Score at least 750,000 points" even though I scored far less - in the 200,000's. All three games were around 200,000 so possible it just added the 3 scores? Or is the standard goal supposed to be 250,000 points?

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
BUG: screen alignment messed up
Graphics card: NVIDIA GEforce GT 610
Ram: 3 GB
Full Screen
1024x768

Frequency: 100% of the time

All screens (even title screen) are improperly aligned with monitor-and there's no option to change the resolution in any menu. This results in about 20% of each side missing.

Pantah010

Jan 31, 2013
BUG: Can't start the game
Graphics card: NVIDIA GEforce GT 220
Ram: 3 GB
Full Screen
1280x1024

Frequency of Occurrence: All the time :(
crash.jpg

crash2.jpg

Log.txt:

vs 1.19.1
Main Start
Init Steam
Init Achievements
Init Heap
Largest Memory Chunk = 276463616
Alloc Resource Heap
Failed
Init Game
MemManger - Out of Memory!
Error: out of memory, FILE - ..\..\..\..\Libraries\Source\Utility\MemManager.c, LINE - 805

Hit a DebugLine!!!

Error: out of memory, FILE - ..\..\..\..\Libraries\Source\Utility\MemManager.c, LINE - 805

Hit a DebugLine!!!

Hit a DebugLine!!!

IMemoryInterface - Allocate

Hit a DebugLine!!!

IMemoryInterface - Allocate FAILED!

http://rtmspace.nl/tmp/Log.txt

http://rtmspace.nl/tmp/MemLog.txt

Last edited:

romalokokalo

Jul 26, 2013
Graphics card: ATI RADEON HD 4830
Ram: 4 GB
Full Screen
1024x768
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time

log.txt

"vs 1.19.1
Main Start
Init Steam
Init Achievements
Init Heap
Largest Memory Chunk = 276463616
Alloc Resource Heap
Failed
Init Game

Hit a DebugLine!!!

Hit a DebugLine!!!

Hit a DebugLine!!!

IMemoryInterface - Allocate

Hit a DebugLine!!!

IMemoryInterface - Allocate FAILED!"

And the MemLog's last line:

"Largest size = 276463616"

And on Steam there's 2 files failed to validate and reacquired, but it seem's there's no happend.
Beacuse when i'm running again the validate, the result is the same.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
The memory issue is that your PC doesn't have a large enough single chunk of RAM to allocate. We had similar issues in the beta, but I was able to fix it, but unfortunately it seems many PC's end up with much smaller chunks than our beta group had.

I'm going to look into fixing this, this week.

Closing down as many unnecessary apps as possible, making sure those app's don't start on bootup, and rebooting may "temporarily" solve the problem.

romalokokalo

Jul 26, 2013
The memory issue is that your PC doesn't have a large enough single chunk of RAM to allocate. We had similar issues in the beta, but I was able to fix it, but unfortunately it seems many PC's end up with much smaller chunks than our beta group had.

I'm going to look into fixing this, this week.

Closing down as many unnecessary apps as possible, making sure those app's don't start on bootup, and rebooting may "temporarily" solve the problem.

I'm hardly running any program.
Only some program start at the boot.
I'm use 650 MB of the 4GB.
And the reboot not solve the problem either temporarily.
I do not know what else to do,I'm waiting for the fix.
Anyway thanks for the quick reply, Mike. :)
Best Regards.
George

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I'm noticing everyone reporting this has the exact same size chunks free

"Largest size = 276463616"

Wondering if this is some sort of Win XP limitation in some configurations. I have a solution I think will work, I plan to try it out tomorrow, maybe I can get a patch out soon after.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Victory's music isn't playing while in game.

Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 465
Ram: 8GB
Version: 1.19.1
Display Mode: Full Screen
Display Resolution: “1680x1050”

p6800

May 17, 2013
Bug: Wrong HUD aspect ratio for non 16/9 resolutions. Here is how the hud looks at 1280x1024 - http://postimg.org/image/cfclsnu4l/
OS Version: Windows XP
Graphics Card: AMD HD6850
Ram: 3GB
Display Mode: “Full Screen”
Display Resolution: 1280x1024

Frequency: 100% of the time

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
General - Genie: Ball Stuck in Score Bonus Kickout Hole after Tilting

OS Version: Windows 7 64-bit
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 770
Version #: 1.19.1
Display Resolution: 1920x1080

Frequency of Occurrence: First time it ever happened. Never had this scenario occur before, so it may be repeatable.

I tried to pausing the game and resuming, using the Call Attendant, and using the left thumbstick on my wired Xbox 360 controller to attempt to shake loose the captured ball from the kickout hole.

8crll5Wx

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I don't know if this is a bug, or at least not a system-specific one, maybe just an option someone forgot.

After the initial set-up, how do you change the screen resolution? I see no options for this within the menus.

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Art issue:

ToTAN
Harem Lamp Insert doesn't fully light up.
Not really sure how to explain this properly but the insert looks like it's partially lit and partially not lit (like a blend of two textures).
ATI Radeon 2600 Pro Mobile 512MB
Windows 7

Retron

Oct 31, 2013
Title Bug: General - display settings not saved
OS Version: Windows 8.1 x64
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
Version #(Bottom right of game screen): 1.19.1

Expected Result: Screen settings to be saved by using the setup utility
Actual Result: Settings not saved by initial run of the setup utility

Comment: Upon first launch, Steam offered the choice of playing the game or going into the setup utility. I went into the setup utility (changing several settings such as the resolution, post-processing and anti-aliasing) and I then saved the settings. That took me back into Steam, so I launched the game again and clicked "play". The same settings window appeared but my choices had reverted back to the defaults. I saved the choices again and when I went into game they'd taken effect. It looks like changes made by the initial run of the setting utility weren't saved.

Last edited:

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
Art issue:

ToTAN
Harem Lamp Insert doesn't fully light up.
Not really sure how to explain this properly but the insert looks like it's partially lit and partially not lit (like a blend of two textures).
ATI Radeon 2600 Pro Mobile 512MB
Windows 7

same prob

win7
geforce gtx460 1gig

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
I don't know if this is a bug, or at least not a system-specific one, maybe just an option someone forgot.

After the initial set-up, how do you change the screen resolution? I see no options for this within the menus.

You'd have to relaunch the config utility, it's not in the game itself.

In my case, it's at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\PinballArcade\PBAConfig.exe

Or you could close TPA and Steam both. Re-Launch TPA and you'll get the option to run the config utility or the game.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
You'd have to relaunch the config utility, it's not in the game itself.

In my case, it's at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\PinballArcade\PBAConfig.exe

Or you could close TPA and Steam both. Re-Launch TPA and you'll get the option to run the config utility or the game.

Thank you much!

Retro Invaders

Aug 16, 2013
Graphics card: Nvidia 9600GT (1gb ram)
Ram: 2 GB

Same problem with Win XP. I believe it can be fixed, as the game doesnt use a lot of PC resources - my Pinball FX2 runs perfectly on 1920x1080 with max settings . Please Mike fix it today! Or...or...:(

Last edited:

Phaze

Nov 5, 2013
Title Bug: Graphics - Post-processing
Graphics Card: AMD HD6970 using Catalyst 13.9
Display Mode: Fullscreen

Frequency of Occurrence: Always when post-processing is enabled.

Expected Result: Post-processing is supposed to enhance the lighting of the tables.
Actual Result: Post-processing produces a very ugly blurry / aliasing effect across the whole table which is clearly unintended.

Comment: The tables look fine when post-processing is disabled, which means that the sole culprit is post-processing. For some reason it isn't working correctly with some cards.

drunkninja

Nov 5, 2013
Graphics Card: AMD HD6970 using Catalyst 13.9
Display Mode: Fullscreen

Expected Result: Post-processing is supposed to enhance the lighting of the tables.
Actual Result: Post-processing produces a very ugly blurry / aliasing effect across the whole table which is clearly unintended.

Comment: The tables look fine when post-processing is disabled, which means that the sole culprit is post-processing. For some reason it isn't working correctly with some cards.

Yep, same thing here, I'll just toss my specs in:

OS Version: Windows 8 64-bit
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD7870 using Catalyst 13.9
Display Mode: Fullscreen, Windowed, Fullscreen Windowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.