PC - Request Sound Options?

RKade8583

Apr 5, 2012
I'd like to request sound options. Music, ambiance, table sound, etc. Even a simple Master Volume so I'm not having to open my mixer every time I want to play pinball AND talk to someone on skype.

Also, YAY! I got a FIXED Gorgar!

goo_back

Oct 28, 2013
Yeah, I would love to turn down the music for when I play and listen to podcasts.

I was surprised it wasn't available to be honest.

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
only way to possibly control volum while in game without using a mixer is to open the coin door on pro tables and do adjustments there. Otherwise, nope

N

netizen

only way to possibly control volum while in game without using a mixer is to open the coin door on pro tables and do adjustments there. Otherwise, nope

Do the pro mode volume settings actually do anything now? in the past they didn't have any effect

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Hope I'm not treading on any toes here (and Mike etc., let me know if you don't want this here) but this is something I saved from the beta that still works in the final game :)

Create a directory under the "PinballArcade" folder called "Dev"
In that directory, create a new text document called Setup.txt
Edit aforementioned text document, and copy/paste the following:

Code:
Volume_SoundFx			= 100
Volume_Ambient			= 100
Volume_Music			= 100
SoundFx is the menu and in-game sound effects (duh), including the electronic sound effects generated by the game (so there's no way to balance the mechanical sounds with the emulated, electronic ones).
Ambient is all menu-based music, like the main menu music and the pre-game music (when the camera is wandering around the table)
Music is in-game music. Personally, I've found a good balance to be 100/0/45, but you can obviously tweak to your liking :)

Last edited:

Cem Nahit Köne

Jul 30, 2013
Hope I'm not treading on any toes here (and Mike etc., let me know if you don't want this here) but this is something I saved from the beta that still works in the final game :)

Create a directory under the "PinballArcade" folder called "Dev"
In that directory, create a new text document called Setup.txt
Edit aforementioned text document, and copy/paste the following:

Code:
Volume_SoundFx			= 100
Volume_Ambient			= 100
Volume_Music			= 100
SoundFx is the menu and in-game sound effects (duh), including the electronic sound effects generated by the game (so there's no way to balance the mechanical sounds with the emulated, electronic ones).
Ambient is all menu-based music, like the main menu music and the pre-game music (when the camera is wandering around the table)
Music is in-game music. Personally, I've found a good balance to be 100/0/45, but you can obviously tweak to your liking :)

Thanks, i didn't have to create a text file it was there actually.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Pro tip: Those settings also exist on the iOS version of TPA, so they can be tweaked there as well. That requires access to the file system though, something I won't be going into here :p

DodgeRodge

Jan 17, 2013
Sorry for OT, but could controller vibration be deactived by a command in setup.txt also? If yes, what is the command?

ArchAngel

Nov 10, 2013
In-game volume control

Hi

Please add an in-game volume control. The music is SO LOUD when starting the game. I was on Skype with some friends while starting the game, and I couldn't hear what they were saying :). Had to Alt+Tab and separately adjust the volume via the Windows volume mixer.

Suggestion is to add a volume control to the Settings menu, and perhaps also decrease the volume just a bit on the start-up music so I don't have to blow out my speakers/ears each time I start the game ;)

Regards
ArchAngel

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts