Help needed for dummie on PC

Carpy

May 7, 2012
As a XBOX user who is just about giving up on DLC , I thought I'd try pinball arcade through Steam.
Now my laptop seemed to have all the requirements needed to run Pinball Arcade and I closed any other programmes running but the game is running at snails pace.
My next option then was to dig out of the loft my old stack PC, everything seemed to be Ok until I tried to run Pinball Arcade, this is when I got the dialogue box pop up telling me Assertion Failed.
Any help on either of this issues would be much appreciated, I'm afraid I'm a bit of a dummy when it comes to the PC, it just seems I'm destined not to be able to play this wonderful game on anything but my iphone

Phaze

Nov 5, 2013
Do you know the specs of your laptop or PC? The first thing you should do is make sure you have the latest drivers installed, particularly for the video card.

N

netizen

As a XBOX user who is just about giving up on DLC , I thought I'd try pinball arcade through Steam.
Now my laptop seemed to have all the requirements needed to run Pinball Arcade and I closed any other programmes running but the game is running at snails pace.
My next option then was to dig out of the loft my old stack PC, everything seemed to be Ok until I tried to run Pinball Arcade, this is when I got the dialogue box pop up telling me Assertion Failed.
Any help on either of this issues would be much appreciated, I'm afraid I'm a bit of a dummy when it comes to the PC, it just seems I'm destined not to be able to play this wonderful game on anything but my iphone

Run the config utility in the pinballarcade app folder

Turn off Reflection, AA and PP. Then try running TPA in windowed mode.
Gradually keep turning the settings up until the performance degrades, then you will have found the limits of your machine.

Reflection is the biggest performance hit on lower end machines. YMMV.

Carpy

May 7, 2012
Ok, gave up on my laptop and old stack system, but grabbed my wife's old redundant note book, got it running good with reflection off, then plugged it into my TV through the HDMI lead, changed the resolution and changed for my TV to be the only Monitor, and wow didn't it look great.... BUT...the bloody thing was running slow again
Would this be because the note book is quite low spec and connecting to the external TV uses up more effort for the old machine?

TripleT

Sep 23, 2012
I have a fairly new Sony VAIO T-Series Ultrabook, i7, Windows 8.

TPA is so slow it's unplayable, all options are turned off.

If I launch a ball, it reaches the flippers about 15-20 seconds later!

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
I have a fairly new Sony VAIO T-Series Ultrabook, i7, Windows 8.

TPA is so slow it's unplayable, all options are turned off.

If I launch a ball, it reaches the flippers about 15-20 seconds later!

I had this happen once and a good old reboot fixed it right up! Sounds obvious but it wasn't to me at the time :)

Resolution is very involved in frame rate.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.