Request Steam Leaderboards

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
Please integrate Steam Leaderboards.

I can't see any scores of my friends, because a farsight account is needed for the leaderboards.

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
My only real complaint with the Steam release. I can go with the in-game purchases, understandable, but the lack of Steam leaderboards is a real baffling question.

Klopek

Apr 29, 2012
How do the current leaderboards work anyway? I made a Farsight account but can't see a way to actually add any other friends so that I can track their scores.

Ben Thebear

Feb 22, 2012
Friend leaderboards of some kind are badly needed! Why leave the option in if it doesn't work at all? Farsight continues to baffle me with their choices.

Last edited:

Patrick McBride

Feb 20, 2012
It's bad enough that friend leaderboards are not supported... but it's even worse that the screen is in the game! I spent a good long while trying to figure out how to add friends just to learn that it's not even supported. After waiting all this time for the PC version I'm still gonna hold off on buying the seasons because score competition is what pinball is all about for me! Really hope Farsight gets their act together and fixes this. Most games just pull your friends from Steam and compare scores that way... I don't see why they can't do the same.

ArchAngel

Nov 10, 2013
I too lack the possibility to see Steam friends' score. I actually thought this was a cardinal thing when releasing the Steam version. Previously we've been playing Visual Pinball, but my brother also just bought our favorite tables, just for us to be able to see each other's scores... Hope this will soon be implemented in future patches.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
There is no plan to do steam leaderboards. We needed our own to handle ltournaments and to do cross platform leaderboards. I do plan to fix the friends problem however. I've been thinking of a way for it to use steam friends to get the friends list then get the appropriate score.

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
clarify pls: does it mean what steam scores will be on the same laderbord as ios and androids? - they have little different gameplay physics AFAIK - it can be not "fair" in term of competition.

If it helps, I only own the season two tables for the PC, but I still see my scores from the season one tables via Android.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
If it helps, I only own the season two tables for the PC, but I still see my scores from the season one tables via Android.

yep, i know what for this moment all scores are in one big pile, but i hope this will be categorized, because people on different platforms are at different circs.

Patrick McBride

Feb 20, 2012
I purposely created a new Farsight account for use with the PC version as I didn't want my scores from iOS on the PC version. I really think they should be separated or categorized as the tables play differently on different devices.

Also, as a side note, there seems to be no option to reset scores or delete a Farsight account... I had to mess with changing the login email if my old account to free up my email account for a new FS account in order to start fresh. It would be nice to have an option to delete or reset an account from the website!

Termbro

Nov 11, 2013
There is no plan to do steam leaderboards. We needed our own to handle ltournaments and to do cross platform leaderboards. I do plan to fix the friends problem however. I've been thinking of a way for it to use steam friends to get the friends list then get the appropriate score.

Wouldn't it make more sense to require Farsight login only for people who participate in tournaments? Me and my buddies organized a steam group to compare our pinball scores in PFX2 hoping TPA will allow us to do the same. I know there are lots of people who prefer playing against their friends like me.

And what is the purpose of cross platform boards when people in this very thread pointed out the differences between ports? This is another thing that's going to hold sales back from you guys. Hope you work on that.

[edit]
Not to mention PSN and XBLA both had friend list boards.

Last edited:

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012

I'm happy you're looking into that at least. A proper friends leaderboard is really important for the longevity of the game I feel.

Also I wanted to thank you for the work on the game so far. You and Stuart have done a smashing job with the PC port. There are some small issues left but overall it's really stellar and I have to say I'm really happy with it.

Last edited:

Confucious_say

Nov 13, 2013
Thinking of starting a Steam Group just to compare scores but integrating STEAM leaderboards is not a bad idea. If Zen can do it......then at least you know it's possible! :cool:

Roo

Jul 5, 2013
Thinking of starting a Steam Group just to compare scores but integrating STEAM leaderboards is not a bad idea. If Zen can do it......then at least you know it's possible! :cool:

Yeah but Steam groups don't seem to get you anywhere for comparing scores. You still have to add individual people to your friends list. When PBFX2 came out I was hoping it would work that way so you could filter the leaderboard for different Steam groups you were in, but no. The groups don't really seem to get you anything other than a set of forums/announcements for that group within Steam itself. So it doesn't even make sense to me to have game-specific groups, because what does that get you? There's already a forum for the game itself. I guess something like a generic pinball group made of people that play all the different pinball games makes some sense, but still doesn't seem that useful to me as you'd probably still discuss things about each game in its own forum.

Regarding TPA leaderboards I do hope they integrate Steam friends because I don't use Facebook. It would also be awesome if the friends leaderboards were integrated into the general UI and table selection screen. That's one area Zen has done a really good job in their games and it really amplifies the friendly competition aspect.

And I doubt it will change but I'm not a big fan of how it shares leaderboards with other platforms, which are running completely different code, and have tables of various different versions. Doesn't really seem fair. Plus it looks like there's some obvious cheater scores on there in the quadrillions of points (scores so high they don't even fit onscreen).

Termbro

Nov 11, 2013

Any progress on this? Steam users are screaming for this feature. And so am I, really:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/238260/discussions/0/648811126757665711/
No friend leaderboards really defeats the purpose of having the game in your steam library. This feature would really boost the sales.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.