One year...

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
... Well, some would say its about time. I say yes it is!

It's quite hard to introduce one-self, but I try to: I was playing pinball when I was 14-17 years old. Back then a single coin secured my drinks and I sold my credits for half the regular price to those around me. I never touched a pinball machine since then.
22 years later I searched the AppStore for 'funhouse' and TPA showed up. I played it, found this forum, found a local club in my hometown, bought 6 real machines and built a stereoscopic Vpin. I played tournaments, got listed in the WPPR and went from #12.000 to #650 in one year. I also organized three big tournaments and really love the guys and girls in the community.

I do CGI, 3d animations and compositing for a living, owning a company. Main focus are virtual product shots. Chances are good, that you'll see adidas eyewear glasses, that look real, but in fact are my cgi work.

I have two lovely daughters, 10 and 14 - both WPPR ranked ;)

At the end of the day, fun is all that matters. That's why I'm here!

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
I think it's awesome that your daughters play! way to go, pinball needs the younger generation to discover the addiction of the silver ball.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
I searched the AppStore for 'funhouse' and TPA showed up. I played it, found this forum, found a local club in my hometown, bought 6 real machines and built a stereoscopic Vpin. I played tournaments, got listed in the WPPR and went from #12.000 to #650 in one year. I also organized three big tournaments and really love the guys and girls in the community.

So would you say TPA is to "blame" for getting you (back) into Pinball? That sounds absolutely great!

PS: So ne Kino-Aktion sollte das UCI mal in Deutschland machen ;-) Arbeite in der Film- und Kinobranche - das ist echt ne klasse Aktion! [English: I wish UCI would do a Cinema meets Pinball event in Germany. Since I work in the movie business, I really appreciate it!]

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Yep, exactly. TPA forced me to play real pinball again. And forced me to buy Taxi, Bride and ripleys and some others ;)

UCI Germany knows what we did here. They even got my 3d trailer, all the photos. If you manage to get the machines there, I could ask the boss of my local UCI here to call the boss of your UCI. Who knows - publicity doesn't hurt ;)
http://youtu.be/OAIKZICy7HI there is also a 3d version (top down)
http://youtu.be/N6grygz7yoc

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
Awesome! You really had a lot of great machines there from the looks of it! And the location is well suited to semi-dark lighting that is so nice while playing pinball... I think the German Pinball Association should get in touch with UCI for their next tournament :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts