Season Pack Questions

LMA

Jun 14, 2013
I have season pack one and two
Does that mean the upcoming table pack 20 will be add for free to season pack two owners?
If not I don't mind just curious.

Ultimetalhead

Jun 13, 2012
That's correct. What I don't understand is why the Season 1 pack is $10 cheaper than Season 2. There's 22 tables in season 1 and I think only 19 in season 2.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
The Season 1 tables are older than the Season 2 tables. When Season 3 is released, Season 2 will probably cost as much as Season 1.

Get it? ;)

N

netizen

I have season pack one and two
Does that mean the upcoming table pack 20 will be add for free to season pack two owners?
If not I don't mind just curious.
When you buy a season pass you get all the table packs that are inclusive in that season. For example: Season 2 is packs 11 - 20. Season 3 starts on Pack 21 and will probably go to pack 30.

That's correct. What I don't understand is why the Season 1 pack is $10 cheaper than Season 2. There's 22 tables in season 1 and I think only 19 in season 2.

Warning Speculation Ahead: Season 1 is possibly cheaper because the first 4 tables were one table pack originally. That was the core pack. When TPA was first released you had to buy the core pack and then season 1 was everything after those 4 tables. It is just recently that that has changed and season one became everything before pack 11. There are also less pro tables in Season 1.

N

netizen

Yeah, but there are still 10 Table Packs for Season 1. Same number as Season 2.

Perhaps they're just basing it on number of tables minus core tables then. :/

Season 1 is 18 and has 6 Pro Tables
Season 2 is 19 and has, so far, 10 Pro Tables.

Epsilon

Apr 19, 2012
I think it's a combination of the fact that the Season One tables are "older" along with the fact that Season Two includes more tables that have "premium" pricing due to the licensing expenses. I mean, a lot of people have had access to the older tables for quite a while now, and I could see some people balking at paying all over again for them for the same price. Cutting the price a bit makes re-buying the stuff most enthusiasts have already played the hell out of a much more attractive proposition.

Ultimetalhead

Jun 13, 2012
The pro tables already cost extra, so that shouldn't make a difference on the season pricing. Either way, season 1 has several more tables than season 2 and it's cheaper. That's fine if it's just that it's older (and that would be great if Season 2 could get bumped down to $30 when 3 comes out because I feel like $40 is actually a little steep). Plus, I've already bought all of season 1 on PS3/Vita, so while I don't totally mind rebuying for Steam, I do wish there was some way we could get some kind of early adopter flash sale since PS3/Vita players have been getting backstabbed with a laggy experience on PS3 and a rather graphically poor Vita iteration (And don't even get me started on 360 players, though I know that's not FarSight's fault).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.