Not open for further replies.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Version 1.19.4 has been released.

It fixes the following:
- Possibly fixed memory crash for older XP PC's
- Added rumble to xbox controller
- Added language selection in game configuration. (Setting to default has it use the Steam language setting). Right click Pinball Arcade in steam client and choose Launch Configuration Utility

LMA

Jun 14, 2013
ALL HAIL MIKE!

yessir.jpg

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
I would rather use "Staffel". "Saison" is more like winter or summer season.

I'm German so it's my first language.

Brian Reynolds

Nov 6, 2013
Hi there, I just registered although I've been lurking for quite awhile. Having a blast with this and have been waiting, well a long time to finally get to play all the tables. :) :) I wanted to mention that there is one bug that I've been encountering across all tables and that's the camera is switching modes regularly when I accidentally press down on the right analog stick. I tried resetting the controls but there is currently no way to limit the camera view switch to just the B button... in fact there's no way to assign the "depressed" state of the right analog stick at all, so right now I'm changing views quite a bit. I'll note that I rebound the controls so that the left analog stick now handles the plunger control while the right analog stick is responsible for the nudging. I changed it up this way because my right thumb is naturally hovering over the right stick while my left thumb isn't over the left stick normally.

Oh, another thing to note is that the high-score initial entry method is inconsistent... I've remapped the flippers to be controlled by RB and LB with LT and RT being listed as secondary controls and while this works properly to control the game I've found several games where the RB and LB buttons don't do anything to advance the letters in the name entry screen, only LT and RT work. This mainly happens in the older games that don't have a dot matrix display or perhaps exclusively to those games where the entry is done solely through the Pinball Arcade user interface. Oh, and another thing, while the LB and RB buttons DO function as intended for the flippers under this scheme the LT and RT buttons don't do anything as the secondary flipper controls.

Thanks for the great game! Been having a ball!

Adam

Apr 5, 2012
Three cheers for rumble and four for the incredibly quick update! Now the decision between the 360 pad and the X-Arcade side buttons is a bit more difficult.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Wait, an update within 24 hrs. of release??? No Apple approval wait? No MS $40,000 punishment? No Sony arbitrary DLC rules? Mind... Blown!

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Is anyone in this build or other builds having problems entering your high score initials? I don't know why but every time I try to enter "CUB" I can not do it. I have the "C" within the box and I hit the equivalent of the enter and it makes my "C" a "B".

I never hit the lowest leaderboard score on TZ for Android; now I have TZ on pc, I beat the lowest leaderboard score. Now, I want to see my moniker initials, "CUB" on my leaderboard.

Still loving the pc version of TPA. I sure wish there would be a fix for the flipper lag for the Intel HD 4000 graphics chip. The one great thing is, I am finally able to play the pc version of TPA full screen on my TV. Hurrah!

Thanks FarSight for bringing this game to pc. It has surpassed my expectations.

Pinhead45

Dec 30, 2012
Anyone having trouble with slow floaty balls. Play is really good and smooth. I'm actually shocked how good it is. The only trouble is the slow balls. It may be my laptop as it's pretty new but an entry level laptop. (Toshiba AMD C-50 processor, 3 GB memory, 64 bit operating system Windows 7).

N

netizen

Anyone having trouble with slow floaty balls. Play is really good and smooth. I'm actually shocked how good it is. The only trouble is the slow balls. It may be my laptop as it's pretty new but an entry level laptop. (Toshiba AMD C-50 processor, 3 GB memory, 64 bit operating system Windows 7).

What do you have the reflection set to?
Try setting it lower, the reflections really hits the performance. And make sure that Post Processing is off. You can play with the AA settings as well once you get the performance happening.

Right click Pinball Arcade in the games library list and choose launch configuration utility

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
Thank you very much! Rumble? Oh yeah!!!! Very cool! Never had a memory crash or the need to change languages :)

EDIT: First run impression is on my controller (Rock Candy) it seems a bit "under done" meaning the amplitude (rumble strength) of the motors is relatively low to what I consider the expected effect.

I suggest some sort of a simple option for amplitude multiplier and possibly sensitivity (which actions cross a "create rumble" threshold)

All in all it's a great addition even as-is, I hate to sound picky and probably just got a controller with crummy vibrate.

Last edited:

Roope

Sep 13, 2013
Now that I have played something like 3 hours the free table (waiting till season packs are available as DLC) the biggest grief that I have about this game is the really low rez textures. My eyes were actually hurting yesterday after one hour session, since the textures are so fuzzy that it is straining. I have to look really closely and carefully to even see what is written on the lights on the table for example.

Someone said on the other thread that cabin support is more important than high rez textures. If that is true then I am truly mind blown. Cabin support that affects like 0,1% of player base is more important than hi rez textures that are pretty much a norm in todays PC game? FS get these high resolution textures out asap, this game really needs those for PC where you most likely are sitting quite close to a high def display.

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
Now that I have played something like 3 hours the free table (waiting till season packs are available as DLC) the biggest grief that I have about this game is the really low rez textures. My eyes were actually hurting yesterday after one hour session, since the textures are so fuzzy that it is straining. I have to look really closely and carefully to even see what is written on the lights on the table for example.

Someone said on the other thread that cabin support is more important than high rez textures. If that is true then I am truly mind blown. Cabin support that affects like 0,1% of player base is more important than hi rez textures that are pretty much a norm in todays PC game? FS get these high resolution textures out asap, this game really needs those for PC where you most likely are sitting quite close to a high def display.

I think you may have some settings to tweak.
I think the textures on TOTAN look pretty good.

If you have an AMD/ATI based video card, make sure you have Post-Processing turned OFF and a few levels of Anti-Aliasing may help improve your quality regardless of brand. Cabinet support is not tied to quality at this point. I'm pretty picky and to me it looks good.

EDIT: I took a really close look using the pro menu table explorer and some of the light labels (extra ball for instance) do seem a tiny bit rough but it seemed to be pretty limited

Last edited:

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Any idea when post-processing will get fixed for ATI/AMD GPU users? I thought it was something that might've been fixed during the beta, but unfortunately it still looks like rubbish :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.