Thoughts on tapatalk - and forum mods - any chance of installing it?

amv71

Feb 29, 2012
Hi - I use Tapatalk on iPad and Android. It's a useful forum browsing/posting app but for it to work on a specific forum, it requires a (free) installation on a server.

Do other forum users use this app? What do people think about this forum having the tapatalk server plug-in installed? Mods - would this even be possible? (http://www.tapatalk.com/faq.php)

Andrew

CrazyCoder

Apr 26, 2012
Are you sure there is no any way to install it, maybe the hoster can consider it? It would be really great to have Tapatalk support on this forum.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Looks like it is possible, but carries a $100 setup fee. I'm not prepared to pay that, sorry.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Given the cost, I'd have to see significant interest from the members in order to consider it. So far we only have 3 people.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I would donate to not install. I don't like tapatalk but to each his or her own, except that eveytime you hit a tapatalk site you get a pop up reminding you that it is a tapatalk site and prompting you to go to a site to find out more info. No thanks!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
$100....ouch....a hefty price for such a simple install (only takes a minute or two).

Gord, they don't give you FTP access, eh?

amv71

Feb 29, 2012
Gosh - only just seen this. I would donate $10. Any other takers? It would be extremely convenient to be able to read this forum in an optimised display on my mobile device.

LocustGod

Aug 10, 2012
I downloaded that app thinking I could access any forum (ie. NeoGaf, Above Top Secret, this one, etc) and that is not the case. I don't think it will catch on either.

amv71

Feb 29, 2012
I downloaded that app thinking I could access any forum (ie. NeoGaf, Above Top Secret, this one, etc) and that is not the case. I don't think it will catch on either.

I only got into it simply because I found it enormously useful for a supported forum (geekhack). I don't mind if it doesn't take off, but if there are just 10 users here willing to chip in $10, Gord might be willing to install it for those of us who have used it elsewhere.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Good news guys! I found a way around paying the host to install it, and we're now Tapatalk activated (or whatever you want to call it).

I've disabled the notice that would pop up and annoy other users (that thing always annoys me), but we're running it now if you want to test it out and report back.

CrazyCoder

Apr 26, 2012
Thanks for the update. Did you add the forum to the tapatalk network? The search gives nothing for "pinballarcade", "pinballarcadefans", "pinball arcade", etc. Or their servers didn't update yet?

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
No, I haven't done that, I just installed it. I'll check and see what I need to do to add it to the forum. It's only been installed for an hour or so.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts