The 1.8 "Used Table" compo.

Pavig

Oct 29, 2013
Hi all. Anyone who's lived with real pinball machines knows that they need constant maintenance and TLC, especially if they're vintage. Weeks of scanning ebay for parts, stripping, cleaning and replacing worn components. Carefully cleaning and waxing and patching worn dirty play surfaces. Getting to know their temperaments, and tuning them up.

It has become evident that when ASK released 1.8 they delivered a shipment of lovely but world-weary and beaten up tables in need of some love and care. Some of the parts are worn, and the contacts in need of cleaning. Champ, Time machine, Devil Riders, Hot Wheels, Rapids and Star God are all in need of a service, but hey, that's pinball. Imagine walking into a shed with these eleven classic machines in any condition. It'd be like christmas. Maybe they don't play like they just came from the factory, but they power up, the flippers work, there's targets, a silver ball, and physics. In the spirit of pinball, let's play the hell out of them as they are.

ASK were kind enough to provide us with a "Used table" graphics setting, so if it makes you feel better (and I encourage this) turn it on. Hey, turn on dirt if you want too. :) We can keep playing these used tables until the next patch comes out, and we're delivered shiny beautiful reconditioned machines (and likely another surprise to be happy about).

I have no idea how to organize a competition but you can find me on gamecenter as -PAVIG- (with the minus signs). Feel free to friend and challenge. If anyone's in we can see what we can do with these machines in their current state. I propose, if a few folk are up for the challenge, we have a v1.8 "Used table" competition of indefinite duration... it'll end on the surprise date of the next release.

The tables won't be in this state forever, so let's quit complaining and make an event out of it. When our next patch arrives it will be all that sweeter. :)

So... who's in? ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.